Thanks for the feedback @ldezem @sakul If you’ll build this or “In CV”, share the result or send me a message, I’m curious about your takes!!!
Here’s a quick demo of MIDI 4+1 I uploaded today, where I use it together with my alternative firmware for Stages in a 52 HP simple polyphonic setup:
Patch notes, from left to right:
- MIDI 4+1 interface allocates notes polyphonically from the keyboard into four channels of CV/gate. The additional top-most gate output is the combined OR.
- CVs are sent to Chord v2 in Unison Poly Mode: each oscillator is controlled independently by its own 1V/oct input.
- Gates are sent to Stages, which runs a custom firmware (link above) that generates five identical envelopes.
- Veils uses four of these envelopes to drive one VCA for each of the four voices coming from Chord’s individual outputs.
- WMD SSF Pole-Zero filters the final mix from Veils; its cutoff is modulated using the fifth envelope from Stages, the one triggered by the OR-gate signal.