MIDI Mixer One

Inspired by all the minimal MIDI controllers being built here I decided to build something a bit less minimal for my own setup. I wanted to have a mixer / Ableton Live controller with no scene switching and a nice solid feel. Also, it was fun to make :slight_smile:

Details and source on GitHub

Huge thanks to @tehn for sharing the Four-N design and @infovore for helping out with advice and suggestions.

I’m building up a few more of these, let me know if you’re interested. I’d also love to hear if people have suggestions for places to manufacture a full metal enclosure which could be a nice enhancement (but likely expensive!)

48 Likes

20 characters of PM’ing

this looks like a very decent device

This is very cool! how exactly are you using it? I see the labels on the bottom of it, you have it connected to your bugbrand and serge somehow thru ableton

your post is missing the nsfw tag. that is one beautiful piece of machinery. dare i ask what kind of switches are on the keys?

1 Like

Thanks all!

I’m using it in a classic mixer setup with Ableton – 8 channels of level, pan, EQ and sends plus some transport controls etc on the keys.

Cherry MX switches. I have clears on this one but might do black on future builds. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

20 chars of cheery’s ftw

Thanks for the reply! :slight_smile: