Minimal mixers

Not super minimal, but still quite small for the features:
https://www.presonus.com/products/StudioLive-AR8-USB
I’m seriously considering this for the future, since I’m looking for something small, which will work both as a mixer and multi-channel audio interface.
What I think makes this very interesting is: two AUX busses (albeit only mono, which is a bit of a missed opportunity imho), 4 return channels from the DAW and a simple built-in recorder (for the master track only though). K-Mix still wins over this one, but it’s also more expensive, and I’m not sure about the touch-based interface.

2 Likes

That looks really interesting! I am thinking about replacing my portapro four track for a while, just to be able to quickly bring recordings with me on my phone.

So the recording feature here looks nice to have. Has anyone tried this out yet?

Just ran into another pretty minimal TEAC mixer, called “model 2”

1 Like

Can the Bastl DUDE handle modular-strength signals? That could be handy for maximising the potential of a small external mixer, integrating guitar pedals, etc.

1 Like

http://www.detailaudio.com/tubemixerfront1.jpg

9 Likes

Not my auction but here is the ultimate minimal mixer (the kind used by the Philip Glass ensemble in the 70s) for sale ($400) in Maryland
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ALLEN-AND-HEATH-Quasi-Vintage-Mixer-Amplifier-/292929680129?_ul=GB image

24 Likes

This is a beauty. We need a small, modern version of this design.

5 Likes

back to the truly minimal, just picked this puppy up today. scratchy pots here and there, but everything works and the eq sounds very cool!

i thought it would be nice for a no-input mixer and my first try did not let me down:

12 Likes

Just saw this on Amazon - kind of gawdy looking (to me), but might fit the bill here. At $40 too :slight_smile: although reviews are definitely spotty.

EDIT: so there’s actually a whole bunch of em… here’s sthe “LOOP” model at $70.

2 Likes

I can’t believe we haven’t talked about the Maker Hart LOOP Mixer before… it is a very interesting beast - because it is designed to be daisy-chained with others in a loop - where each station can “inject” one channel, and each station gets to make their own mix. Designed for groups with independent monitor mixes.

But I get the sense one could do something wickedly creative with a bunch of them…

1 Like

Price: $69.99

Color: LOOP MIXER

1 Like

38 Likes

this is like Club Blade Runner’s house mixer or something, I love it

16 Likes

wow

3 fx sends… jacks on the back… amazing colors…

i love this thing!

5 Likes

and 3 separate stereo returns. I’m baffled this hasn’t appeared sooner!

@emenel is this yours? wondering if it also has any nice overdrive/distortion character. if so, it’s virtually perfect.

also I love its lil sibling :heart::

9 Likes

I wonder if that was designed to complement the TX816?

No, that was the MV802:

7 Likes

gotta mix all that spicy FM

Unfortunately it’s not mine. I’d love to get one, although I don’t actually need it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just picked up one of these and I am seriously impressed with the sound/look

Sony MX - 8

Not sure where it will fit in and maybe a case of GAS :slight_smile:

20 Likes