Minimal mixers

Price: $69.99

Color: LOOP MIXER

1 Like

33 Likes

this is like Club Blade Runner’s house mixer or something, I love it

15 Likes

wow

3 fx sends… jacks on the back… amazing colors…

i love this thing!

5 Likes

and 3 separate stereo returns. I’m baffled this hasn’t appeared sooner!

@emenel is this yours? wondering if it also has any nice overdrive/distortion character. if so, it’s virtually perfect.

also I love its lil sibling :heart::

8 Likes

I wonder if that was designed to complement the TX816?

0 Likes

No, that was the MV802:

7 Likes

gotta mix all that spicy FM

0 Likes

Unfortunately it’s not mine. I’d love to get one, although I don’t actually need it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just picked up one of these and I am seriously impressed with the sound/look

Sony MX - 8

Not sure where it will fit in and maybe a case of GAS :slight_smile:

18 Likes

New heights of minimalism: https://www.boredbrainmusic.com/product/splix/?fbclid=IwAR2yQ64sjIF8fBpDvc7jPu5J3pYDtQ_Ayxes0155uRwPx26s_FDZeitEE_8

11 Likes

12 Likes

Just received an rpm-100 for my cassette tape jockey project and I can confirm that it’s really nice.
Super basic mixer but with headphone cue.
Build quality seem sturdy enough for live abuse.

1 Like

Very weird feature set. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to crossfade between all four sources but it still looks very performance oriented. Super nice for field recording/drone performances.

0 Likes

Not minimal on the price but not out of reach…

8 Likes

Holy shit, I haven’t thought about that one in years. That was my first mixer! :joy:

0 Likes

I thought this belongs here. Looks interesting.

7 Likes

Hi,
Many years ago I found one of these thrown away - a Monacor mixer - thinking I should find some creative use for it. So far, though, I’ve mostly had other ideas. :wink: It seems to accept four incoming stereo signals (counting mic L&R), but there are no sends etc. Just a stereo out.

I’ve got a regular 12-channel Mackie, but I’m still hoping this Monacor could be used in some lofi-application, noise experimentation - creating feedback loops? I suppose I haven’t given it enough thought to come up with some idea. If anyone has any suggestions I’d be very interested!

(borrowed the image off Google)

2 Likes

that Loop 8 looks interesting, but the term “loop” in this context seems to just refer to daisy-chaining multiple mixers together unless I am missing something. also curious about the USB and if it is just a master stereo out or if it is multichannel.

echo on one channel, but no effect sends? odd, sorta cool, but seems like maybe they missed an opportunity. also I don’t find what the Bluetooth is for!

0 Likes

I assume it is like their other loop mixer: You literally connect them in a loop, and it is the same set of post gain, pre fader channels for all. For example, if you plug into channel 2, then everyone downstream of you hears you on 2 (assuming they leave their channel 2 input unplugged) - and each person can make their own local mix.

2 Likes