an extended version of mlr.
mlre is an extended version of @tehn’s mlr. New features and functionality were added with performative aspects in mind, trying to optimize grid and UI interaction but keeping it as simple and as close to the original as possible. mlre started off as my first steps to learn to code. over the past year I learnt a lot and gradually more features were added, experimented with, removed, tested and adapted. the motivation behind this, was to tailor one of my favourite scripts to my needs and I hope the feature-set that has been added will bring joy to many mlr users.
a special thanks to @tehn for creating mlr and letting me work on this and @zebra for softcut and some very helpful pointers. also a great thank you to @dan_derks, @infinitedigits and @justmat for your inspiration, support and very helpful lines of code! also a great thanks to the mlre-beta-testing-crew, for all your inputs and bug-reports.
There’s an extensive documentation linked below. however, if anything is unclear let me know.
- clean up code / bugfixes? let me know!
trigger output for crow and midi(done)
alternative playback modes(done)
- norns – update 220802 or newer
- midi controller
- midi device (for track to trigger)
- crow [v3] (for track to trigger)
The user manual can be downloaded here as PDF. You will have a the latest copy on your norns too, once the script is installed or updated. SMB to
dust/code/mlre/docs to access.
- tempo changes are now registered via
- added parameter IDs for groups and separators
trigger– thanks @andrew
- randomize can now be midi mapped under focused track control and individual track control
- auto-randomization renamed to randomize @ oneshot rec
- randomize @ step count – randomizes selected tracks after a specified number of steps
- Q key pulses on the downbeat when quantization is active (4/4 time signature)
- internal clock is reset at track play after STOPALL has been pressed
- play mode as new track parameter: select between loop, oneshot and hold to change the playback behaviour. please note that hold does not work well with fast consecutive key presses
- added pset delete callback function.
my_pset.wavfiles are automatically deleted when
changed how playback is handled. Now softcut constantly plays in the background and start/stop are handled with mute flags and
softcut.query_position(i)to track the position of the play heads. This replaces the previous clickless playback implementation.
general code cleanup. Changed a lot of variables for easier reading.
added failstate by @dan_derks to notify users if their norns version is incompatible with the script requirements (nice one dan, this is something I’ll add to all future scripts).
Q key now flashes on the beat and downbeat when quantize is active (thanks @zentrumsounds for the suggestion).
track to trigger functionality (thanks to @mlogger for this great idea). Requires MIDI device and/or crow running v3.
arc control for playback, loops, levels and lfos. Requires an arc4
added “start all” and “stop all” to global track control.
install via maiden:
or download via GitHub: