Mm.. Food (What are you eating?)

Currently taking notes at the Monterey chapter of the California Rare Fruit Growers annual citrus tasting.

Not food exactly… but goes well with food!

Extraordinary Pinot Noir, but unfortunately very expensive in the UK.

Is anybody nearby?

Apparently it’s coconut flavored and made from coconut ash. As an EMT, we had to learn about this stuff. Long story short, I’m not putting it in my body unless I ingest poison.

I don’t plan on ingesting poison.

Hangover food required this morning so I tried some vegan sausage patties and egg. Rather nice. The headache is slowly receding :smiley:

Mango and tofu curry (Thai style curry). Love this recipe. Totally vegan too. Has everything you want in a dish on a crap Scottish summer day. Warmth, sweetness and 4 servings of fruits/veg.

Last night it was rapini (par cooked for a couple of minutes and then sautéed with garlic and olive oil), which came out so great I’m embarrassed that I’ve never made it before. It was meant to be a side dish, but was transformed into the main component of… tacos.

That, combined with the weather sounds like heaven to me. We have our sunny days here, which I do appreciate, but if I go too long without my beloved foghorn I start to lose my mind.