Modular (/monome!) Mondays - Brooklyn

Free
4-7pm weekly
El Beit Cafe
158 Bedford Ave
@North 8th Street in Williamsburg

Contact me to book!

7 Likes

this is intriguing, did you just start this? what’s the format? (ie how many sets?)

I alone kicked it off last week, simply as a novel ambience, but it was a minor hit. The owner sought an additional performer (who I do not know) for tomorrow, and now there is talk of three sets each week. For now, we are playing inside the cafe, at a moderate volume through their ohm stereo. But the crew will be building a stage in the backyard and setting up a PA for shows in the summer.

So I hope you will all come listen, set up a future performance and buy some coffee so we can make Modular Mondays a lasting reality.

Ey this sounds fun. Will try to come through tomorrow.

2 Likes
2 Likes

intrigued, but 2 PM on Monday? Not for folks with day jobs, eh?

Would love to attend if it was evening/weekends!

Heard. A little later on Mondays is the immediate plan.

At this point, it’s just a handful of musicians taking their thing out of the bedroom, sharing ideas and getting some performance chops. As we start to draw a crowd and higher-level performers, I will have the leverage to move into a more optimal day and time. A catch-22 perhaps?

In the meantime, I’d like to open the call to non-modular monomists and try and fill out three sets a week: 4:00, 5:00 and 6:00 (the latter reserved for nine-to-fivers😉).

2 Likes

Will also try to come check it out. Would love to be a part of this in the coming weeks for any 6:00pm+ slots (nine-to-fiver, here).

Thanks! That’s fair enough, sorry if I came across ungrateful/snarky, just wanted to make sure I actually understood what was up :slight_smile:

That’s pretty close to my office! I could definitely come by for some 6:00 pm action :relaxed:

1 Like

One open set tomorrow, 6:00. Anyone interested? Message me!

I wish I could this week :frowning: I’ll be there next week for sure though! Once I get my new case into town (should be soon … ) I’d love to play!

Incidentally, if you need a website as you formalize things, I’d be happy to help in that regard as well :slight_smile:

Sorry I couldn’t make it tonight – how did it go? Any audio/video/photo evidence?

2 Likes

Ian will be closing the show at 6:00 this Monday. Pumped!

3 Likes

Some lovely tracks here, Untitled 7 is killin me.

Looking forward to this. Thanks to @altoaiello for putting it all together.
It’ll be tape loops and delay feeds tonight.

2 Likes

Ian performing his gorgeous tape loops in the gorgeous weather for a very appreciative audience:

We had a great afternoon; hoping some more of you beautiful folks will come through and play soon!

3 Likes

I’ll actually be in NYC this weekend, is this happening again this coming monday? would love to swing by if it is.

For sure it will be!