Modular synth lifestyle marketing?

weird, also this system looks super familiar.

found by @jonat8han

Asheville, NC is the real kicker here for me :rofl:

Although shouldn’t they have used Pressure Points rather than Tetrapad in the video then?

haha amazing. That’s probably a somewhat familiar scene in some of our homes.

Ha! Saw this while watching baseball last night

teletype controlled homes is the future!
HOME.CLEAN

She looks uncomfortable.

Science! Music! Art!
FOR GIRLS!
As a father of two girls: I Love it.

Well, she’s a Varigate 8+ user. :grimacing:

haha. i was in charge of the synth spot for this shoot (except that laying down position was the director’s choice). that’s probably why it looks familiar! :smile:

that’s my patch playing too and i taught the girl how to make it move.

Can anyone ID the case? It has the look of a Dark Modular …

yep dark modular. it’s an almost exact replica of my blue case

i knew it looked familiar!!! and when i saw the speakers i knew it had to be someone on lines!

I work in sync licensing to pay for my synth habit. The preponderance of briefs I see are for less expensive songs to sub in for mega hits or jingles by another name. I can honestly say I never expected to see an advert with a modular system or track - perhaps just lack of imagination on my part. Someone should get extra credit for this. Waiting for the gold rush on modular artists now:grin:

this is the production house and director -
http://www.imperial.tv/director/stacy-wall

stacy kept the synth for himself and his kids.

i work at a post/editorial house in Venice and we cut a bunch of his spots. small world. . .

yes it really really is

Just emailed Derrick with the news that it aired, got this response:

Hey Bob!

This is rad. I built one for an ad a while back. Didn’t know what it was for until now! Thank you.

yay! yeah this thread was also the first time i had seen the commercial haha.

Didn’t you talked about getting an offer for selling your case in a podcast a while ago? So it was for this commercial?

This seems relatively harmless given the putrid cesspool that is contemporary marketing but still gives me a small dose of the weird feels… the close relationship between race/ housing / education and the coding of synths as white. Somewhere in the vector thought space formed by those variables, trying to connect the dots in a way that’s not overly-polemical but failing. Maybe just my own anxiety (causing the weird feel or the inability to articulate it delicately).

Counterpoint: is synth representation something to be stoked on or just more object fetishism?

Heard talk of this deal on yoni’s pod + recall some trepidation re at least the second of these issues.

edit: cosmic perspective on this is that it’s basically benign and even if not I’d take no issue with the individual actors involved in the process (us living in such a tangled web and all). Just uncanny enough to springboard some other discussions by exploring the weird feel