Modulisme radio show

I’ve not found anything via search on Lines, so I thought it might be a good idea to bring up Modulisme, a French-based radio show with a focus on modular electronic music sessions, featuring many familiar and unfamiliar names. It’s curated by Philippe Petit, who has just joined Lines (as @Modulisme) and will no doubt be able to tell you all more.

(Mods: please move this if it belongs somewhere else).

6 Likes

OH this is very nice of you to help spread our word and thank you for inviting me to the community as I’m looking forward to exchanging with many likeminded passionates… I have started that platform to document the genre and draw attention upon the composers who make it strong. My main purpose is to offer some music, in hope that you may like?

4 Likes

Hi Philippe!

Long time no see. This looks great. Would love to take part sometime…

1 Like

Hello Adam, indeed it’s been years, obviously that may happen when we both live at the other end of the world of another

1 Like

There’s more @Modulisme at Freq, with an all-new interview and two-part session from Philippe about his ongoing explorations in the modular world.

1 Like

Next up in the Freq series of @Modulisme interviews is @robinrimbaud, AKA Scanner.

1 Like

Thanks for your support!!

2 Likes

Gino Robair has played percussion nearly his entire life and began working with tape music and synths in the late 70s. As a composer, he has written concert works and music for television, radio, silent film, theater and dance. As a drummer/percussionist, he recorded albums with Tom Waits, Anthony Braxton, John Butcher, Derek Bailey, Otomo Yoshihide, Fred Frith and the ROVA Saxophone Quartet; and performed with Nina Hagen, John Zorn, Thurston Moore, the Thinking Fellers Union Local 282 and Wadada Leo Smith. He is also a founding member of the Splatter Trio and Pink Mountain. With the Club Foot Orchestra, he accompanies classic silent films. Currently, he plays in the trio Tender Buttons with Tom Djll and Tania Chen.
To record our Modulisme Session he has been using 3 different systems: Serge, Bugbrand + various Eurorack in a suitcase… And there is no doubt that his luggage bwas well-repaired, enjoy the trip.

5 Likes