this is a port of original @rodrigo device to max4live
i’ve been beyond interested in rodrigos work for years and i had always hoped to use his ideas within m4l both to study the work but also not to have to use soundflower to port audio so my inputs were kept open and audio was therefore much easier to route (musically useful). so i have a handful of patches i’ve been working on, some conceptually for years. i plan on a suite/trio of devices inspired by and code adapted from monolase and from the chocolate grinder. so here is the first of what i hope to be 6 happy m4l devices. i must state that i have coded almost nothing in this patch. it is purely an attempt at a respectful port from rods device and the only way i have made it this far in my understanding of max is via rodrigos direct guidance and encouragement. i cannot thank you enough sir. you are modern magician and teacher of highest caliber and have been so for as long as i have known you in this community! i am still very early in my learning stages. @dan_derks was also instrumental in setting up some of the audio routing modifications. the future for this train of thought is to work on the modulation section sidrassi brain and make its own audio oscillator/complex modulation w/monolase visualizer bank called sidbanque and then after that it will be karma studies and attempts at updated monolase cores with karma cores. feels like star trek.
this patch is for monobright 64 grid so old grids should be happy. if the top modulation row isn’t working, try updating to newest serialosc version and restarting computer. i did that and it immediately fixed some led feedback issues.
the audio routing is much simpler in this patch than the original as it is easier to route around and control within live rather than max audio preferences. we chose to eliminate through aspects and wet/dry controls. this means, the happy way to get wet/dry is to use this max effect on a send channel.
there is a good manual and picture set here in this thread
and as always i would urge everybody to explore rodrigos site for so much amazing work and provocative ideas.
the modulation amount parameters (top row of live.dials) are now controllable within live mapping which is super helpful. other than that, it pretty much functions exactly like the original. i left in the info button as it has a bit of reference regarding buttons. i added a “petr” button. for those familiar with this patch you know that every time the patch is opened, a random set of values is sent to sidrassi modulation control brain. the petr button simply bumps a new set of random values to be sent to the brain. i couldn’t resist. if you are wondering wtf is happening with the patch, definitely try to look into peters original devices and then be sure to kind of study the manual as this patch can feel confusing. i have found it worth study and continue to study it. and lastly, i want to thank member @abalone for inspiration over the years in use which kept leading me back to good old monolase. i don’t honestly know if i would have been reminded to go down this path so many times without him. i think and hope and pray that this patch works for you without any externals or subpatch files outside of it’s own happen environment file!
monolasem4l.amxd (756.7 KB)