Monome set up help in Toronto

Hello,

I’m looking for some help setting up my monome. I’m located in Toronto. Am better at understanding something when I can see it being put together. It would be a great help if there is someone in the Toronto area who can guide me through this.

Thank you!

Lils

Hello Lils,

I live in Guelph, but am often in Toronto (will be playing at Ratio this Tuesday evening) and would be happy to help if I can… Though I can’t claim to be an expert.

What are you setting up with what? More details would help.

Cheers,

ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks for getting back to me. I just got my monome going a few minutes ago! Sort of by fluke but it’s a really good feeling when you finally get it running I have to say…
Do you use your monome for you gigs?

Thanks again,

Lilian

Hello again,

Glad to hear it! Congrats.

Yes, I do bring it out for gigs, but I’m not sure I’ll be bringing it for this one - might try to keep it quite simple and compact.

As you’ve probably figured out, ‘sum’ is a great place to start getting a feel for what it’s like to work with. And if MAX is your thing, the grid studies part of the monome site is VERY helpful!

Let me know if I can be of any help, though as I say, my knowledge is quite limited. Send me a message if you’d like to try to meet this week (I’m in town on Friday and Saturday too).

Cheers,

ben

Thanks! I’ll give it a go and see what comes out of it. What is the best way to contact you?

Lilian

I think you can get my email address from my profile page? It’s ben [at] macrophone [dot] org.

Happy gridding!

ben

Hi there,

Looking for any fellow monome users in the Toronto area. I will admit I’m not tech saavy so need some basic help on how to use the monome to create music etc. Better at seeing/trying than reading up on how to do something.

Much appreciated! Hope to hear from someone soon!

Lilian

Is this thread stuck in a loop?