Monome stock/shipping update october 2020

• we now ship on TUESDAYS. just once a week. shipping cutoff is likely somewhere around 11am EST on Tuesday for an order to have a good chance of shipping that same day (this is due to our scheduled pickup).
  • US orders require signature upon delivery.
  • all international shipments are now via DHL, and you pay actual shipping.

STOCK as of october 5 2020

• norns + norns b-stock + norns shield kit: available
  • grid + grid b-stock: available
  • arc — mid/late october
  • ansible — no ETA yet, late november earliest
  • teletype — no ETA yet, late november earliest

US manufacturing has slowed down (social distancing at facilities, availability of materials globally) and shipping (getting parts) has also added another delay. we’re doing out best to keep everything available— thanks for your patience and support.

90 Likes

Thank you @tehn!

Having gone to the UPS store yesterday, I can only imagine what a normal shipping operation is like right now for businesses :dizzy_face:. I appreciated (and was surprised by) the quick shipping of my crow recently, it was much faster than I expected during these times. I’m glad things are being shifted for well being and sanity – I for one fully support this approach in place of a module a few days sooner!

1 Like

As a curious European, what does this mean?

1 Like

probably means that they’ve charged less than their actual shipping costs in the past (you paid a flat rate…they ate the difference)

i could be wrong though

Will the next batch of crow modules have a different mounting hole spacing for those who have cases that were slightly tight?

1 Like

yes that will be fixed

previously international shipping was flat rate with various tiers, but frequently shipping was over or under charged. so now instead, you basically pay exactly the amount. the excellent news is that DHL is insanely cheap for how nice of a service it is: a shipment from here to the UK arrived in 2 days, for example, for less than $40. it has something to do with Shopify (which we use for ecommerce) getting a big bundle deal or something.

7 Likes

Does the existing crow fit in a palette case alright?

fits great in my palette, as long as you don’t put it at one of the edges (where I think it will bump up against one the bolts).

2 Likes

Where could we find out more about this? Been interested in getting Crow + either Mangrove or Three Sisters :eyes:

I have a crow in each of my palettes :slight_smile:

@Justmat @crim awesome, thanks! Hopefully I snuck one in for this week’s shipping :hugs:

Might be time to get an Arc before the dark ages truly begin :blush:

1 Like

dm @Galapagoose directly for info

1 Like

I just wanted to publicly thank Brian for being so kind as to re-send a shipment which has dissapeared into USPS purgatory.

Yet another thing to add to the list of reasons why monome is the best!

22 Likes

I must have managed to snag one of the last grids!

1 Like

Bam. Ordered m’self an Arc now. It’ll be a present for myself as my birthday is coming up. In a few months. Or so.

6 Likes

With previous orders, the package had first been shipped by USPS, until it arrives in Germany, where DHL would take over. I never knew exactly when this handover would happen, and how long it would take: So one day I’d have to check the tracking number in USPS’s system, and from some day onward I had to check in DHL’s system.

To make things even more interesting: The USPS-DHL switch happened at the very same time the package had to go thru German Customs, which meant the parcel could be stuck in bureaucratic limbo for days. During this time, neither USPS nor DHL could or would tell me why my parcel does not move: USPS said “it might already have been handed over to DHL, or it is stuck with Customs”, DHL said “it might not have been handed over to us from USPS, or it is stuck with Customs”.

Long story short: it always took so long that I feared either USPS, Customs or DHL had lost the package.

Now things have changed: I’ve ordered an Ansible last week. On Tuesday this week I got the shipment notice. Today (!) the shipment had already passed German Customs and is already in my home town. Wow!

@tehn: Thanks so much for this change!

EDIT: It just arrived at my door – amazing!

3 Likes

Obsessively refreshing the market until shield kits/PCB restock :robot:

they’ve arrived. need to solder one up to test. tomorrow i’ll open orders at 11am EST

4 Likes

i can confirm. I was annoyed at first that I couldn’t have it on the far edge but, there are much bigger problems in the world. This has only to do with the bolts in the paleute case btw

1 Like