Thanks @alanza : - ) I’ve been contemplating wether I should wait for the new batch or try to pick up a used one in the meantime. Arc + Norns looks fun!!
new batch will be functionally identical.
the LED color will match the newest grids, however. late 2018 grids we had to switch LEDs. the difference should be subtle, but it’s there.
Monome grid/arc edition check
Is there a more concrete timeline for Arc? Sorry if it was in the newsletter, I somehow wasn’t subscribed until after the most recent one was sent.
the newsletter just said “February” afaik.
The website only says 2019 though; I don’t remember if it actually said February or not.
/me mashes F5 anyway
@tehn mentioned that Arc was “on track for Feb” in a December post on this thread. Whether that’s changed or not…
Bought a Teletype in January and inquired about when Ansible would be released again. He said about 3months, but first Arc and Crow. So hopefully by April all the monome devices will be available.
thank you everyone for your patience on the arc. it’s always been (and remains) one of the most complex mechanical designs we’ve created and there have been inevitable delays. but i’m awaiting the final part for inspection then we should be good to open orders in the last few days of february, for shipping within a week or two after that.
so, tentatively: arc ordering ~feb 28. ship within two weeks thereafter.
What about ansible?
Will this be a one-off batch of arcs or are you aiming to continue production and keep them stocked similar to norns (if I read your post above correctly)? If it is a batch, are there plans for future runs?
we arranged for a large (for monome) run of arcs, and plan on keeping the parts in stock. though we have to physically build them, so there still may be some short lead times depending on demand.
Yeah, been waiting to buy an Arc for some time and I will be ready this time as I plan to use it with my second norns with 2.0 around the corner - End of the month is perfect timing! THANKS !
Should I be expecting Arcs to be available today? Thank you
tentatively the pre-order will be friday provided when we return from our travels there are packages waiting with the final part inspections prior to the production order.
(the snow will likely delay our arrival home slightly, hence friday for likely pre-order.)
Safe travels:) thank you for the update
Is there any more detail on plans for more Ansible stock, beyond “coming 2019” from the website? Just got myself a lovely new Grid and I’m looking forward to pairing it with my Eurorack.
I’m in the same boat. Will Ansible be available for pre-order as well on Friday?
Really itching to get my hands on a monome setup
From a few posts up: