Monome stock updates

Thanks @alanza : - ) I’ve been contemplating wether I should wait for the new batch or try to pick up a used one in the meantime. Arc + Norns looks fun!!

0 Likes

new batch will be functionally identical.

the LED color will match the newest grids, however. late 2018 grids we had to switch LEDs. the difference should be subtle, but it’s there.

10 Likes

Monome grid/arc edition check

Is there a more concrete timeline for Arc? Sorry if it was in the newsletter, I somehow wasn’t subscribed until after the most recent one was sent.

1 Like

the newsletter just said “February” afaik.

2 Likes

The website only says 2019 though; I don’t remember if it actually said February or not.

/me mashes F5 anyway

1 Like

@tehn mentioned that Arc was “on track for Feb” in a December post on this thread. Whether that’s changed or not…

1 Like

Bought a Teletype in January and inquired about when Ansible would be released again. He said about 3months, but first Arc and Crow. So hopefully by April all the monome devices will be available.

1 Like

thank you everyone for your patience on the arc. it’s always been (and remains) one of the most complex mechanical designs we’ve created and there have been inevitable delays. but i’m awaiting the final part for inspection then we should be good to open orders in the last few days of february, for shipping within a week or two after that.

so, tentatively: arc ordering ~feb 28. ship within two weeks thereafter.

23 Likes

What about ansible? :heart_eyes:

0 Likes

https://market.monome.org says mid 2019 for Ansible.

0 Likes

Will this be a one-off batch of arcs or are you aiming to continue production and keep them stocked similar to norns (if I read your post above correctly)? If it is a batch, are there plans for future runs?

0 Likes

we arranged for a large (for monome) run of arcs, and plan on keeping the parts in stock. though we have to physically build them, so there still may be some short lead times depending on demand.

21 Likes

Yeah, been waiting to buy an Arc for some time and I will be ready this time as I plan to use it with my second norns with 2.0 around the corner :wink: - End of the month is perfect timing! THANKS !

0 Likes

Should I be expecting Arcs to be available today? Thank you

0 Likes

tentatively the pre-order will be friday provided when we return from our travels there are packages waiting with the final part inspections prior to the production order.

(the snow will likely delay our arrival home slightly, hence friday for likely pre-order.)

6 Likes

Safe travels:) thank you for the update

0 Likes

Is there any more detail on plans for more Ansible stock, beyond “coming 2019” from the website? Just got myself a lovely new Grid and I’m looking forward to pairing it with my Eurorack.

0 Likes

I’m in the same boat. Will Ansible be available for pre-order as well on Friday?

0 Likes

Really itching to get my hands on a monome setup

0 Likes

From a few posts up:

0 Likes