Monthly Event - The Modular Cafe Aldershot

UPCOMING DATES:

7:30pm West End Centre, Aldershot

14/09/2022
12/10/2022
09/11/2022
14/12/2022

Hi All,

I’ve mostly been a lurker here on the forum, but I think the time has come to make a thread to share the community I help to run. I’m so proud of what we do!

ModCaf is a community interest company formed around the Modular Cafe Aldershot to advance the cause.

Our mission statement is below:

The Modular Cafe Aldershot is a monthly, electronic and experimental music meet up with performances, seminars and a jamming session in Aldershot (Hampshire UK)

MODCAF’s mission is to develop and encourage an inclusive community of people with a passion for electronic and experimental music.

In doing so it seeks to provide a dynamic, supportive environment for sharing knowledge, experience and skills for the performance and promotion of live electronic music, focussing on the use of technology as a live instrument. It also seeks to advance the art of performance of such music with a view to engage with and stimulate a wider audience.

I’ll keep this thread up to date with our latest happenings, but for now please see the videos from our last two events! If you’re in the south of the UK or anywhere within shouting distance, we’d love to meet you at one of our evenings! :slight_smile:

Facebook - The modular cafe - aldershot
Patreon - Modular Cafe Aldershot is creating an Experimental Music Community | Patreon
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/modular.cafe.aldershot/
Discord - MODCAF

15 Likes

Thanks for posting @bchampion96

Summer Session was ace :smiley:

1 Like

The outdoor ones certainly are a blast!

I’ve added the upcoming dates to the original post up top!

2 Likes

It is an epic community. Very proud to be a part of it.

2 Likes

Looks great, will see if I can make it over there any time

1 Like

20 odd characters of Great to hear! :slight_smile:

You have been lurking in lines Mr Champion …nice idea!

1 Like

Passing on a message from our own Ian:O:

‘Just a little update for you guys on Q121.
The funding application, despite a certain amount of torture, has now been submitted. Cross all of your fingers…and those of all your friends and relatives. ACE say that it may take up to 12 weeks to process.
Onwards and upwards!!!’

But the question is: ‘What the hell is Q121?!’

In short, a UK Arts Council funded project, old, abandoned wind tunnel, ambisonic experimental album, Adrian Utley wil be there composing and performing with our community. For more info, you can see the video and document below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uh_fqS5Ait2eU1kfI3_DnJU0JZ-81MII/view?usp=sharing

BIG STUFF!

3 Likes

Hi Ben, I will eventually attend one of the monthly meets, November looks to be the first I can make. Quite happy to do something about the Benjolin if the group would be interested. Cheers, Alan

1 Like

Great to hear from you Alan! We’d definitely love to hear some Benjolin from you, especially considering its impact on your synthesis journey! :slight_smile:

Okay I will prepare something for November, a Benjolin demo. :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

These look like brilliant nights! Will try and make it over from London for one sometime

2 Likes