Music of Anthony Braxton performed by Tri-Centric Vocal Ensemble and Carl Testa/Cory Smythe Duo // 1.25.2019 (Brooklyn)

I’m performing on electronics tomorrow night at Roulette in Brooklyn, NY in duo with pianist Cory Smythe. We’ll be performing some of Anthony Braxton’s Echo Echo Mirror House music which is a multi-channel collage-based music that incorporates his past recordings with live performance. I’ve developed a new computer-based system to control the collage in real-time using SuperCollider. If there are any NYC-based folks here that are interested in SuperCollider and multi-channel stuff, this might be of interest. The Tri-Centric Vocal Ensemble will perform Braxton’s Syntactical Ghost Trance Music first. More info and tickets here: http://roulette.org/event/the-music-of-anthony-braxton-syntactical-ghost-trance-echo-echo-mirror-house/

9 Likes

I wish I lived in NYC sometimes…sigh. Sounds amazing!

1 Like

I figure I’d bump this thread to post that I’ll be performing in a remote performance with musicians performing Anthony Braxton’s Composition No. 381 which is an Echo Echo Mirror House Music composition. The performers include Kobe Van Cauwenberghe, with Steven Delannoye, Niels Van Heertum, Hampus Lindwall, and myself. The performance will be live-streamed on Monday February 1st at 9pm CET / 3pm EST. The computer technology used for this performance includes SuperCollider, Javascript, OSC, low-latency audio networking, virtual Linux servers, and video chat. More details are here : Anthony Braxton’s ‘Echo Echo Mirror House Music’ | AP School Of Arts

4 Likes

Yes ! Il be there. In internet form of course. One of the few benefits of these very weird times. Looking forward to it !

2 Likes

WOW

this looks incredible

1 Like

For folks interested here is a write-up/summary of the EEMHM online event with some explanation of what was going on: Music Conducted An Ocean Away | New Haven Independent

2 Likes