Nature & Photography

Finally managed to get back out there! Took my drone for another spin - this time to a place called Buckley’s Breakaway, about 370km east of Perth, Western Australia. Erosion has exposed the kaolinite (a layered, silicate clay) underneath the laterite (a red soil and rock rich in iron and aluminium)…although it felt like I was on Mars :slight_smile:

26 Likes

quick hike on the Steep Ravine trail:

16 Likes

Sorry for the ultra-delayed reply, but thanks for this comment! And perhaps you’ve since tried it yourself. But I do love Cinestill and was shooting almost exclusively on it at one point. It takes some getting used to and can be pretty grainy and artifact-y at times, but I think that is a neat feature, depending on what you’re going for.

1 Like

ocean park

3 Likes

insight “nature”

recorded “nature”

from inside “nature”

walking over “nature”

3 Likes

another dawn in the world machine

https://organisms.de/2018/09/26/another-dawn-in-the-world-machine/

3 Likes

4 Likes

hey all! new to this forum and discovering some great photos here. some recent snaps from the UK :slight_smile:

DSCF6942|499x499

7 Likes

San Jacinto Peak from three vantage points.

9 Likes

A few quick snaps from a recent bushwalk. I will post the 35mm shots when I get around to developing them.

49 Likes, 1 Comments - Jacob Richards (@puscha_music_film) on Instagram: “Decompression. Shots from a bushwalk on the weekend in Djadjawurrung country, the Lerderderg state…”

This video too.

3 Likes

Snaps from a recent hike in the Julian Alps.

18 Likes

Water and reflected trees.

5 Likes

Some shots from Cape Town.

8 Likes

out and about. i found the camouflage of this fella quite impressive…

2 Likes

Went on a bushwalk over the weekend, Mount Buffalo in the Australian alps. Missed out on the 15cm of snow the day after we left! Spent some time out there with my partner, a chance to enjoy some homely Australian bush beauty before I fly out to foreign lands tomorrow; Mongolia for three weeks as part of an arts and environmental tour: https://www.gofundme.com/mongolian-arts-and-environment-tour

Shot with my new mirrorless micro four thirds camera!

5 Likes

anybody else do the iNaturalist thing?

maybe tangential since it’s not really the focus of the site, but I do try to take these photos as photos as well as references for identification

edit: gotta work out embedding from google later sorry folks

Most of my photos on iNaturalist are just enough to be sure of the species, but some are a little better.