New album "Achronos Topos" exploring the possibilities of time-stretching.

Fellow /////-ners,

A children’s lullaby, a phrase out of a piano composition from Bach and a poem from the Greek poet C.P. Cavafy are introduced into a modular environment of time-stretching, fx and resynthesizing modules and analogue oscillators that try to follow but fail gloriously. A few seconds are being stretched out to 10 or even 20 minutes.

Happy to announce my new album out now on one of Greece’s most interesting labels, Submersion Records. The theme of the album can be translated as “Timeless Place” and it’s trying to imagine a world without time. Would we have different priorities? Would we make different choices free from the fear of decay and death? What is time actually? Does it really exist or is it something our minds construct in order to guide us better into this world?

Sound-wise the album is continuing my deep exploration into what I call “psychedelic ambient” and it’s available for download on Bandcamp and also as a beautiful CD edition. I hope you’ll enjoy it.

11 Likes

I’m really enjoying it! What are you using for time-stretching?

1 Like

Happy to hear! I’m using the Make Noise Morphagene mainly for the time-stretching. Also lots of granular time-stretching from both Beads and Clouds. All tracks recorded live by switching between different sound sources while they go through different fx. Panharmonium is adding some oscillators that creep in and try to “follow” the time-stretching that is happening. On “Polis” there are additional layers from ciat-lonbarde instruments and field recordings. Mainly to give the track a feeling like you’re taking a walk through this “city where time does not exist”. It\s actually a pretty minimal set up, easy to take with you. Next week I’ll put out a video showing a live show I did around the time of the recordings. with the same system.

3 Likes

Πολύ ωραία! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like