New beginnings: proun press

Hello!

Omar Akrouche and I are starting a label called “Proun Press”

Here is a statement about the label:

“Proun press is founded upon the idea of creative construction of form through economic construction of transformed material. Proun is a movement along the stations of creative concreteness but not comprehension or the explanation of life. The path of proun press is pure experienced action.” (excerpts from el lissitzky’s proun manifesto)

”Headlands" by Gianni Andreatta will be available for pre-order on the Proun Press bandcamp tomorrow. The official release will be on 3/1. We will be sharing the album’s first track, “Garfield” alongside a hand-processed super 8 film by Nolan Barry.

More to come! If you use instagram, here is where you can find us there!

16 Likes

hello!

today, proun press announced our first release since the spring! @dan_derks new full length album “phylum”.

on “phylum” dan unites grains of sound to create what loosely resembles a sonic family. “phylum” releases on 25 limited edition cassette tapes/digital 10/04 and to all streaming services on 10/11. order one now because they’re going fast, there are only roughly 10 left!

listen to the singles that are out now:
https://dndrks.bandcamp.com/
prounpress.bandcamp.com

7 Likes

tapes are flying fast!

3 Likes

these are going to be $300 on discogs very soon

7 Likes

these singles sound great too, lovely mastering.

2 Likes

ordered, can’t wait to hear all of it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hey I recognize those song title inspirations!

bummed I missed the tape tho

2 Likes

Got mine! Looking forward to this in a big way.

2 Likes

thanks for the kind vibes, all. what a wild thing, to have this no longer be uncategorized files in my itunes. I’ll post some words here this weekend to supplement the ones on the bandcamp page. in short, very overwhelmed by the positivity. thank you.

10 Likes