New simplified python serialoscd implementation

The last couple of day’s I’ve been working on a python implementation of serialoscd.

(btw. I am not sure why it says “pythong” in the preview :slight_smile: I have fixed that typo in the repo but it still shows up here)

Right now most things are working. You still have to manually specify your serial ports, but it is fairly straightforward to use and seems to work when testing with “monome home.maxpat”. Some of the functions that are not supported by the neotrellis-monome are also not implemented (e.g. set device ID), but should be fairly straightforward to do if there’s someone who help me them.

What any of you with a grid could do to help, if you have a minute:

• Test it with an original monome grid
  • Test it with multiple grids
  • Test it on other platforms than windows
  • Help me figure out what is wrong with monome home’s “map test” test when “vari-bright” is enabled.
  • Let me know if there’s interest in supporting other devices, e.g. arc, or for tilt support

Why another serialoscd implementation? Because my DIY monome grid is not detected by the stock serialoscd under Windows 10, as it is not using an FTDI chip. See DIY monome compatible grid w/ Adafruit NeoTrellis for reference.

EDIT: Autodetection of serial ports including options for a blacklist, whitelist is implemented now.
EDIT2: Added even more autodetection stuff as well as a fix for the vari-bright map function.

8 Likes

Added autodetection of serial ports, with blacklisting, whitelisting and rudimentary hotplugging functionality.

1 Like

Trying to test your python code (thanks for tackling this!). Can’t tell you how many people tell you to try monome home.maxpat. Where do you get that??? I have Live10 suite.

1 Like

Ah I missed this one :confused: no notification - glad it helps! :slight_smile:

Here you go for monome-home - I was using it with Max itself; not sure how it works with M4L: