New thing! (derail this thread? impossible!)

It is quite common for people to reuse an existing platform when prototyping, Olivier Gillet said he does that for Mutable modules for example…

i would be so thrilled if toshio had a New Thing of his own this year!??! (haven’t watched the video yet in case he mentions something in there)

hate to disappoint you, but he has abandoned media art and for the last ten years has refocused his energy on making children’s books. no New Thing that runs on electricity is likely.

…aaaaand he’s tweeting tonight about the problem with making demo videos when the music that comes out is so beautiful or something to that effect and we’re all screwed.

Tom Erbe has been seen around with what looked like a Morphagene with “something else” inside…

until we wait for the monome new thing, here is the new thing in the genre of “Cardestroy”-

(I figure this thread has no actual content yet, so this isn’t really off-topic)

Mutable’s modules make great prototyping environments for everyone, they have JTAG and FTDI ports on them and everything is open source. Just find the device with the best combination of IO for your need.

There is a blog post from @TomWhitwell explaining how to get started with your own firmware for Clouds:

Thanks for this link. Never used medium before and have Just got lost down a rabbit hole of really interesting articles!

This is True. And also, this is brilliant:

“Ok, we’re ready.”
(somehow tricks them to announce something)

I haven’t had a chance to watch this yet but, I need to know: do they explain that jumper?

(The sweater I mean. What’s going on there? It’s like a 19th Century lady’s whalebone corset. I can’t sleep.)

((Is it back to front? Why is one collar out. So many questions.))

OK. I listened and it is brilliant and the sweater makes total sense now.