New thing! (derail this thread? impossible!)

Yes indeed, we mustn’t forget to celebrate & hype old musical offerings too

Love the battleship grey- could even be a powdercoat.

ha, you beat me to the mellotron theory/joke.

that Cope video is amazing in so many ways. The Megalithic European is one of my favorite thrift store scores!

“Antler Pickaxes”

20 characters of next week hype… and I guess last week too? Since we’re supposed to hype old things too.

Man.

So hyped for last week.

old things!!! monome collab with machine project, love my tetrafol, excited every time i use it:

golden oldie!!! 11 years ago, time machine central:

The grid is still my go to midi sequencer (with various patches, mostly tintinabulome). Always sucks a bit having to get the computer involved though, loading and routing, dealing with os updates breaking things etc. I wonder if this could be a stand alone midi/ cv sequencer which runs patches. Being battery operated (no cables in the pic at least) makes me think it won’t interface with the grid, could be wrong about battery power/ grid current draw though.

(Checks calendar) Is it next week yet?

You’ll have to wait another week 'till next week I’m afraid :grin:

I, for one, feel like it’s solidly next week.

from kelli’s instagram… what a tease!

Look at all that I/O! and it’s new!

and it’s old!

IMG_1633

Is it weird that only now that I know the backside, this becomes almost an instabuy? I’ve just ordered a grid again and I’m imagining the new thing to be a “sound computer” that directly integrates with a grid as well as the monome euro series without the need for a laptop.

Bus powered? Or charging?!

And what’s in the fourth usb? Is that a wireless dongle?

Was thinking it would be a stand alone instrument to plug a grid or arc into to control. Looks v cool!

That is the enclosure that I dreamed about for my rPi + pisound…looks great.

…and a WiFi dongle? I hope it runs Linux :stuck_out_tongue:

blutooth maybe? 20 char

my new theory: it’s a universal usb/midi/i2c/bluetooth merger/splitter/switch, and it’s called monome hub. control your eurorack modules from ableton live via bluetooth. sequence your aalto from ansible. and script everything from a built in teletype!