New to monome and modular: ask questions here

it occurs to me that it just miiiiight be possible to do performative transpositions by changing the interval for the root note on Kria’s scale page? I can’t confirm, since I’m 1000 miles away from my synth

Actually yes, this works. The only issue is that it makes the bottom row ‘zero’ note kind of dead to you.

now it’s yr leading tone :wink:

If I’m reading the manual correctly, you could also transpose (offset) your CV outputs by using the command CV.OFF. Less ‘brain breaking’, at least for me. :rofl:

I need to learn me a Teletype better! I’ll hush :slight_smile:

You have complete freedom to edit scales (voltage tables) or to import your own scales and you can use a different scale for CV a and CV B in each of the four tracks. But you can’t automate switching scales like a math transform. It’s always a manual operation (choose scale, copy, paste). A workaround would be for instance to split one voltage table in a lower and upper part with different scales.

Ansible & Kria question.

When I make track 2 go 4 times slower than the clock, it seems like the ‘note’ section still goes as fast as the clock. Then I make the note section 4 times slower, then everything is all out of sync. Which I have to trigger reset to make it sync up.

Is there a way to keep speed together on track/note?

Without using the reset, you’d have to keep all loops and clock dividers for the whole track in sync—this IS an option for Kria. Here’s the relevant bit of the manual: I think you want at least Loop Sync set to Track, which might make Note Sync helpful as well.

Kria has two parameters, represented on the left and right quadrants of the grid when Key 2 is held down.

Note Sync can be toggled on or off on the left side by touching any key– the square icon will be lit bright when Note Sync is on.

When Note Sync is on, Note and Trigger editing is linked. In Note view, you can now press on a step’s current note value to toggle off the Trigger at that step, and this is reflected in the interface. This way you can edit note sequences intuitively with rests without switching between two views.

Note Sync requires that Loop Sync is in Track or All mode, as the sync interface does not make sense if loops are desynchronized between Note and Trigger.

Loop Sync is shown on the right quadrant of the grid. There are three modes:

• None (nothing lit): all tracks and parameters can have independent loop points
  • Track (top single block lit): all parameters within tracks have the same loop, but tracks can differ in their looping
  • All (bottom row of 4 lit): all tracks and parameters have a synchronized loop

Still does the same thing. I thought loop sync was for the loop parameter.

I still have track 2 trigger speed and note speed not synced… I NOTE SYNCED and LOOP SYNC ALL. Still have to set both trigger/note speed and then have to reset.

Aside from the loop sync I think thats the way it is. In this situation it is a frustrating caveat but I can think of many situations when I wouldn’t want them to be hard synched together… Having a reset signal handy has helped me with this issue, and you could practice and become really good at changing the divisions in time with each other :wink:

Going on vacation for a week. Can’t bring my modular. :frowning: Will have my GRID.

What are some good apps to play around with with a Laptop? Is MLR the most used? Also, what is the app in the GRID demo on the front page?

One last thing, I gotten MLR to work with all the instructions with SerialOSC and MAX 8. But only by opening it from the file directory. When I try to open up the Monome Package it just says this, and I can’t go any further.

Thanks for the help.

Happy Holidays!

MLR is the one in the demo; but it doesn’t come with those sweet sweet glockenspiel samples :wink:.

Opening MLR in any way is fine.

Since picking up a Just Friends I’ve been trying to catch up on the teletype, its expanders, the er 301 and the 16n Faderbank and all the connections possible between them, but there are a bunch of details that I’m not sure I’m getting right. This post is a “please tell me I’m thinking correctly” kinda of deal.

Teletype has a i2c connection.

That connection is made via a cable to JF Er 301 etc…

To connect TT to multiple modules, I’d need the bpc ii backpack?

What about connecting the 16n to the ER 301? How do I connect the i2c to the back of a module in a case?Do you need a TXb?

And lastly, if Teletype acts as the Host, in order for me to send signals from a 16n to the ER 301 in which TT is the Host, I’d have to go 16n > TT > ER 301 in order to avoid locking problems from having both TT and 16n as Hosts?

I’m kinda lost on all of this so any pointers would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks

I would strongly suggest looking through the Telex thread as I believe many of your questions have been answered there. BPC music is making a 2hp module specifically to interface with outboard gear (16n) called the TelexB which would also double as the backpack as it has multiple i2c connectors on the back

https://llllllll.co/t/telex-teletype-expanders

my understanding is that I2C isn’t daisy-chained like that—all connections to the I2C bus are connections to everything at once. I have four connections via I2C in my small system (Teletype, Ansible, a W// Slashes board, and Just Friends) and don’t need a powered backpack; ymmw.