Newbie help required on tagging posts and inserting images into posts

Hi,

Just need the answer to a couple of dumb questions regarding posts.

Firstly how do I “tag” my own post with a tags, I don’t see an option to add tags anwhere, if someone could point it out o me I would be most greatful.

Secondly how do I insert a link to an external image so that its displayed in my post. What I have ended up with is a link to the image and not the image itself being display, any help on fixing this would be most welcome.

Kind Regards
Kevin.

There should be a tags option for the post but I have a feeling its related to permissions or badges or something. I didn’t have it when I was first looking for it but do now.

You should be able to add an image by doing ‘upload’ and choosing ‘from web’ although I generally just copy and paste it into the post editor.

1 Like

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply, was able to upload an image and link to it, Thanks.

I don’t get the “optional tags” option on my screen, as you say it must be a permissions or badges issue, (if anyone is reading this and knows for sure please let me know).

Kind Regards
Kevin.

there’s a really good tutorial how to use all the functions of the forum. check your inbox for a message called “Greetings!” from @discobot and follow the instructions : )

1 Like

for some reason, you need to be trust level 2 (Member) to add tags to a new topic. i don’t think this is intentional on our part and i don’t think it’s something we can easily change. IIRC, our requirements for TL2 are a little lower than the default… sorry i can’t remember exactly what they are offhand, but if you stick around for a few days you will get there.

in the meantime maybe just go ahead and trust the mods to tag your topic appropriately, i think that’s the idea.