Nils Quak – Ichi-Go Ichi-E

a couple of years ago, I was chatting with Jeremy Young (some of you may know him) about doing a longform drone piece. So we exchanged ideas and recordings and after a while these two tracks emerged. Kindly enough @Orphax was so kind to release the two tracks on his fittingly called Eliane Tapes label.

The recordings consist of a simple modular setup. Not sure exactly, what was used, but it was only a couple of oscillators, filters and delay. No real modulation except twiddling knobs.
So – if you are interested, check this out, use one of the codes below or let me know, what you think.

peace out

https://nilsquak.com/yum
ykxc-bjzt
yzee-w6y7
yt6f-cynv
2kyx-crq9
aykj-xs6t
8tz8-ed87
hua8-kzj5
hw9y-g6zr
jst3-u6kl
f4nm-jkzj

5 Likes

And for those interested in more Eliane Tapes releases (or a bundle of the upcoming three tapes incl. Nils his tape) be sure to check here: Merch | Eliane Tapes

Stock is running low, so don’t sleep on it :wink:

and we are looking for future releases with music inspired by and dedicated to Eliane Radigue, so don’t be shy to get in touch to discuss options (but please not it really should be dedicated work to her)

2 Likes

I’ve been listening to Éliane Radigue “Trilogie de la Mort” recently, so I’m looking forward to hear your music inspired by her work.
Code aykj-xs6t claimed.
Thank you for sharing !

2 Likes

Congrats on the release, @yghartsyrt!

I think I’ve pre-ordered and/or purchased everything released by Eliane Tapes thus far, so I didn’t need a download code for this one! Eliane is a significant source of inspiration for me, as are a lot of the musicians she has inspired over the years, so perhaps I will reach out to @Orphax if I make anything more directly dedicated to her.

2 Likes

Thanks for the code:

I’ve launched into a first listen and the preview track is immediately grabbing my attention with its tasy overtones and variations. Nice work!

1 Like

Thanks @zoundsabar @GrrrOwl @caelmore !
Hope you enjoy it

2 Likes