Norns 2.0.0

norns

Update went smooth. So far no sound out of playfair (didn’t realize at first that it didn’t auto load the samples like in 1.0) and upon loading orbit I get (error: Init).

And btw thanks for all the hard work everyone. So excited for 2.0

0 Likes

thanks

i followed that to added the scripts

two are throwing an error so I figured I’d ask

0 Likes

~/dust/code is where the downloaded script folders go

Alternately if the scripts come from a GitHub repo it might make sense to git clone the repo addr from the code directory.

Which scripts are throwing errors?

0 Likes

takt
roda
reels
ekombi

everything else i’ve tried from library works

0 Likes

errors, that is surprising.

can you try connecting to maiden? this will show detailed errors which will help with debugging.

1 Like

looks like you need to update some paths within those scripts since files moved out of /we.

takt, line 23 should now be:
local Ack = require "ack/lib/ack"

reels line 544 should now be (I had to fix this in a WIP):
audio.level_eng_cut(1)

the other two aren’t in library yet so might not be 2.0 ready

1 Like

I’ve written some instructions for Sway on the installation options which can be adjusted to fit most if not all of the scripts:

Installation Options

SFTP

• To install via SFTP, click the download link above, unzip the folder, change the name of the folder from “sway-master” to “sway”
  • follow this guide to SFTP into norns via cyberduck (or another program)
  • upload the “sway” folder to the dust/code folder
  • reset the audio system using the norns menu by going to SYSTEM -> RESET
  • navigate back to the SELECT menu and choose SWAY

GIT

• To install using GIT first connect your norns to a wifi network with internet connectivity
  • make a note of the IP address of your norns by pressing button 2 on the Select screen i.e. 192.168.1.10 or some variant
  • SSH into norns (on mac terminal type: ssh we@192.168.1.10 and the login using the username: we and password:sleep
  • once logged in, type cd dust/code and press enter
  • then type git clone https://github.com/carltesta/sway and press enter
  • reset the audio system using the norns menu by going to SYSTEM -> RESET
  • navigate back to the SELECT menu and choose SWAY
  • when using git you can check for updates by following the same ssh procedure above and navigating to the dust/code/sway folder and typing git status. If there are changes you can type git pull to update and then reset the audio system before starting the script so that the changes take effect
9 Likes

amazing work! thank you so much to everyone involved!
I must say I’m loving, among other things, the smooth encoders :raised_hands: I can now use my norns without precise touch :pray:

1 Like

upgraded cm3+ / norns to 190405, and it seems to work except mlr and awake now dont have parameter pages.
also, not sure if my CM3+ is showing the right disk size. i have nothing on my norns aside from the 190405 install and update file, and i see its saying “DISK 1633M”.

EDIT:
now i see the parameter pages on AWAKE/MLR. clever! (just turn encoder 1 when you cant figure stuff out)

1 Like

this worked perfectly
thanks

edit: all my scripts work now!

1 Like

I’ve quickly made a script for downloading scripts:

25 Likes

@Justmat

is this ready for 2.0 yet?

5 Likes

Not quite, but soon :slight_smile:

7 Likes

this idea is sick

thanks

1 Like

Thanks everyone for all the amazing work. Deeply appreciated.

1 Like

20 chars of what a great idea!

0 Likes

Here’s a curiosity…

(checking in maiden) the directory name is Librarian and the script name is librarian.lua so the SELECT menu does not match these as the same (like awake for example) and it shows up as LIBRARIAN/LIBRARIAN

The lua path/filename-matching here is case sensitive I guess?

0 Likes

Brilliant! Deserves to be in the default build!

1 Like

I installed it and it only shows up as “LIBRARIAN” for me

1 Like

Mine also shows as Librarian/Librarian

0 Likes