Norns and nothing else

I would love to hear your music made with Norns and nothing else, please :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

This track from a while ago was Mx samples recorded to tape, then loaded into grandchild.

18 Likes

Love it. Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Almost qualifies (I’d have to go back to my notes to remind myself what I considered minimal post-processing).

7 Likes

Loving this thread so far. Thanks!

this is among the very first things i did when i first got a norns, using only a shield and a midi controller with stepped encoders to control lissadron parameters. i ended up using it, though a bit reworked, in a dance show i scored.

9 Likes

Right up my street :heart:

1 Like

These were made using sines with a couple of changes

And these using spirals with mx.samples

6 Likes

This is mostly norns recordings

3 Likes

This set is exclusively glut on norns.

4 Likes

This track is just Passersby, recorded as Tape 38 to my norns. All I added was a transition to noise to close out the album:

6 Likes

My goodness, these are so lovely! I’m super impressed by the restraint in them and yet how engaging they are. Inspiring stuff!

1 Like

just lovely!

Star Jumps is great and there’s something very “Kranky” about Life’s Cycles.

Bravo.

@yobink So much lovely stuff here. I haven’t gotten through it all yet but it’s very nice stuff.

@doomglue I don’t know “Glut” - these sound like very nice granular explorations. You know I’m a big fan of your work :wink: I must look at Glut. Thanks for sharing!

@21echoes oooh, this is gorgeous! Initially it sounded like guitar, which I thought it was until I read your description again. Very nice.

3 Likes

I made an album, using samples from old demotapes run through granchild and twine, with a little bit of barcode.

5 Likes

thank you, very kind

The panning is super lovely midway through, great work.

1 Like

I mean… not ONLY norns, but still very minimal gear. here’s the DAWless track I made last night with my tula mic, acoustic guitar, norns shield, and 64 grid. Layering norns tape can be very powerful. Scripts used: Timber (drums), Mx.samples (dictaphone and harmonium), Cheat codes 2 (slowed vocal sample), and Amen (Global FX).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18hEWa5k6tg1rn41s9vn94DmPuCpsT-3T/view?usp=sharing

1 Like