Norns - file structure / update question

i’m updating my norns after a long break. successfully updated it to the latest image using the fresh install procedure.

next tried to install the latest updates via usb/ssh method (using wifi it just sits in “checking for updates”), the update ran and i got the following output:

10.42.0.1 ~/update/200218 $ ./update.sh
[ ok ] Restarting nmbd (via systemctl): nmbd.service.
[ ok ] Restarting smbd (via systemctl): smbd.service.
./update.sh: line 56: warning: command substitution: ignored null byte in input
CM3
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package 'rsyslog' is not installed, so not removed
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
mkdir: created directory '/home/we/dust/data/sources'
mkdir: created directory '/home/we/dust/data/catalogs'
'/home/we/maiden/dist/sources/base.json' -> '/home/we/dust/data/sources/base.json'
'/home/we/maiden/dist/sources/community.json' -> '/home/we/dust/data/sources/community.json'
cp: cannot stat '/home/we/maiden/dist/catalogs/*.json': No such file or directory

this doesn’t look right. it’s possible that i messed something up a while ago when trying to hack it, but assumed the fresh install would restore whatever i broke. it seems fine otherwise, it boots up and i can run apps.

1 Like

all of those errors are ok.

it looks a mess but the update is trying to account for a huge variety of starting places, and i didn’t have time to do conditional checks because most people don’t look at the console. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I fixed it in this PR. Hopefully less confusion in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

This PR removes the ‘rsyslog’ output if no rsyslog is installed.

This PR addresses

I think all sources for unwarranted worries should be removed now :slight_smile:

2 Likes