Norns Mother (Organelle Patches on Norns)

Is the aux btn implemented? Are there any samplers amongst the patches? Thanks

Aux = Button1
FootSwitch = Button2
EncoderButton = Button3 + Button1

Overloop is a sampler!!

4 Likes

New Update v0.2.2

• Updated controls to make NornsMother compatible with Fates, Norns and DIY Norns.

To update use “Update Mother” !!

3 Likes

Hey @Oxbown,

Can you repost the ssh command for updating to 0.2.2?

Use this code:

sudo curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/oxbown/NornsMother/master/install.sh | sh

I tried using Tapey, but the Aux menu of the patch does not seem to work with mother?

great work btw!

Yep, you are right. Tapey is a modern patch (January 10, 2020), it uses some features of OS > v2.1. Tapey is a semi working patch, it don’t use versioncheck so the warning message don’t appear.

Thanks for the info

1 Like

out of intereste, what’s the issue with OS 3.x patches? missing graphics primitives?

1 Like

yes… missing graphics, I´m trying to make this graphics using NuiLite, but some are tricky.
Help is welcome! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Brilliant, well done. Will give this a go tonight and report back!

are you doing this at the PD level, or NuiLite Lib (C++)?
I’d guess the later is probably easier…

I’ve got a couple of things im trying to ‘kick off’ at the moment, but I’ll see if I can take a look.

3 Likes

I don’t modify your NuiLite Library, actual graphics are made at PD level (vumeters, faders, led dots, etc…)
Graphics like circles, text whit different font size, invert area, etc… cant be done with the actual library.

2 Likes

Yeah for graphics makes sense for some of this to be done at library level, and some ( more domain specific) to be down at pd level.

My intention was nuilite to have vaguely same primitives as the organelle OSC messages - at least as a starting point - though with some differences due to how the underlying implementations differ.

2 Likes

Had a go now, actually I prefer it to the Organelle with my QuNexus keyboard. Never really liked jamming with the wooden keys although they looked pretty. Great job!

Some test notes:

Tried @TheTechnobear’s rngs_reverb, but the UI was not visible. Audio came through though.

I’m getting short audio dropouts (or something that sounds like it) on Stereo Rhythmicon and Lo-Fi Piano. (Latest version Fates, no problems with the Norns side of software.) But when I tried Lo-Fi Piano a second time, couldn’t reproduce it. Rhythmicon does it consistently.

Mellowtron works great!

3 Likes

New Update v0.2.3

• Better buttons/potentiometers behavior
  • Now NornsMother remember potentiometers values when closes and reopens (incl. Volume level)
  • More midi in support (volume, enc button …)
  • Better midi encoders behavior
  • Better performance (in general…)

Use “Update Mother” on Sidekick menu to update to the latest release!!!

8 Likes

Sorry. I am sure this is super-basic, but how do you localize the folder /home/we/sidekick/patches ?? so I can put there the patches.
I only see the folder \dust when I access 192.168.100.100 in Finder (I use a Mac).
I have also tried physically extracting the microSD card and reading it, but I dont see the folders.

Ok, interesting question. Samba Norns server is limited to the /dust folder…
Thats what i did to modify this.

1. ssh to norns
  2. locate the samba server config file, use this command:

sudo nano /etc/samba/smb.conf

1. Edit the line “Path =” , put like this:

Path = /home/we

1. Save and exit (Ctrl+X --> Y —> ENTER)
  2. Reboot

sudo reboot

1. Connect to the Samba server
    Captura de pantalla 2020-03-26 a las 16.32.13
  2. Enjoy
1 Like

Thanks for the detailed answer! Done. Now I can see my patches :grinning:

New Update v0.2.4

• Full MIDI support (see NornsMother MIDI Map illustration)
11 Likes

You can fo this with cyberduck too if you dont want to ssh.

Its like a file brower with drag & drop