connect your norns to others: https://norns.online
connect. norns.online a both a script and a website.
listen and visualize. after starting, norns.online will run in the background letting you run any other script. all norns audio+visuals will then be beamed to
guide. the website has the same inputs as your norns to provide remote guidance and access.
collaborate. connect to other norns via “rooms.” anyone in a “room” shares live audio. the latency is ~4 seconds, so you can imagine that you all are playing together while being socially distanced by a distance of a quarter-mile.
note: the script requires
mpv, which are automatically installed if you use this program (~300 MB).
- fix all the
- audio sharing sync (very hard)
- audio sharing as input to softcut/engine
- tape sharing?
- internet connection
- K3 toggles internet
- K2 changes name
- K1+K2 updates
- more params in global menu
- press K3. open browser to
norns.online/<yourname>. if this is the first time running, wait for the
ffmpegprograms to be installed (~300 MB).
- use norns normally, your norns will stay online in the background.
norns↔norns audio sharing
- go to gloal parameters and make sure both “
send audio” and “
allow rooms” are set to “
- change the “
room” to the room you want to share audio. make sure your norns partner uses the same room.
- go to main screen and press K3 to go online. you should now be sharing audio with any other norns in that room.
- adjust “
room vol” to change the level of incoming audio.
- make an internet radio from your norns
- collaborate between two norns
- twitch plays norns
- make demos (screen capture
- download screenshots (right-click image at
- tech support other people’s norns