Norns Scripts for a 64 Grid

This is intended to be a repository for scripts that people have run using, or modified to use with, a 64 grid.

If anyone can post theirs below, I will add them to this first post.

Less Concepts thanks to Ootini

MLR with gratitude to Noiserock & Nitefish

6 Likes

is this list just for norns ? might want to add it to the title if so (there will be many more additions if desktop is included)

I’d also suggest the “make wiki” option

1 Like
3 Likes

I tried. Fully functional.

2 Likes

Hey there! Any ideas around combining two 64/40h into one 128?

1 Like

@LazyCircuits Zellen works very well for 64 monobright grids. Also has some very neat code for detecting grid size.

2 Likes

Tip: Look at how existing patches manage grid led messages when adjusting a patch to work with monobright grids.

For the most part, led messages for brightness levels ~1-14 represent information that you want to see on the monobright grid. led messages for brightness level 15 generally is used to represent the “active step” in sequencers or other important elements in the UI. So if you reverse these (swap 0-14 for 15 and 0-14 for 15 in g:led messages), you put more information on the grid at the expense of “active step” information. Because the “active step” is generally always moving, setting it to anything but 15 will render a blink on the monobright grid, which is probably just enough to see what’s going on.

Obviously this breaks down for patches that use the x y 15 brightness level for information that is static on the grid or for patches that use a number of different levels of brightness to represent information in the UI. Also every patch is different so this won’t apply universally, but is probably a good place to start when thinking about how to modify a patch for monobright grids.