Norns shield case designs

Really great work on this

2 Likes

This looks great! Any thoughts of doing a 3d-printed top with a cut away for the screen as well? (Pretty please !)

Ive tried to keep it simple - like a one piece solution. Adding a top would incur some loss of protection to the OLED unless you add an acrylic screen. A bit of a fiddle. However I’ll give it a go with just a cut out and you can see.

Cool ! Thanks a lot… (Not too bothered about a lack of protection… and too much hassle to get laser cut acrylic :slight_smile: )
I really like your case design btw…

1 Like

just waiting the STL cause I find this design amazing!

2 Likes

Here you go.

Updated V.20 (without Pi ports)

22 Likes

20 chars of you’re a legend.

1 Like

I just received a case that I purchased from @JHC . It’s such a lovely minimalist design.

17 Likes

I think white is my fave colour for this case.
Looks great man!

2 Likes

Thanks for providing! I’m glad I went with white. It pairs nicely with my other gear.

1 Like

This is beautiful and now I want a shield + this case. Amazing work @JHC I admire the simplicity of it and the fact that it keeps the transparent top.

4 Likes

great design ! thanks

1 Like

Is anyone else keeping an eye on the #norns hashtag on social webs like Instagram? As those who do, and those just generally educated know, The Norns are these awesome female characters in Norse mythology.

So if one were to take inspiration for case design from this choice of product naming my Monome, what would these sound computer designs look like?

1 Like

I get ALL SORTS of Nordic mythology notifications now since a few months and everytime I just have to pause and take a few seconds to remember I once followed the “Norns” hashtag and the result is not quite like you’d expect. I’m fine with it though it’s become sort of a personal private joke and I think to some extent I keep following the hashtag for the engravings and ritual paintings more than for the gear pictures.

PS: For related shield case design, eagirly awaiting the weaved version.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing these! I don’t have access to a lasercutter right now so these drawings are great for drafting a makeshift case.

1 Like

thx can wait to put on my norns pics soon :nerd_face:

Great design! Does it use the original top plate?

Some great cases in this thread! My idea of a case currently is one little leg and some blutak. need to find another standoff for the other corner at least. :-S

7 Likes

Yes, you just need to omit the base plate that comes with the shield and just screw everything into the case. The screw holes are recessed too. - I have also built a rise into the base so the Raspberry pi PCB sits nice and level.

1 Like