The norns study group Discord is turning 1 year old! To celebrate, we are experimenting with this new group project. Previously we worked on the song project. The pirate radio project seeks to build on our experiences with the song project, but is bigger, more ambitious, and more structured.
p2p norns pirate radio: an educational project for new developers to learn how to code
- Product Owner: @Obakegaku. The term Product Owner comes from agile software development practices. POs balance product (usable software) choices with various stakeholder, technical, and team constraints. They are ultimately responsible for shaping the product and ensuring all voices are heard.
- Project Manager: @tyleretters. PM’s simply keep things on the rails. Since this is an educational project with volunteered time, the main role of the project manager will be ensuring the team has clear objectives and good tooling.
- Tutors: @license, @jaseknighter, + others TBD. Several norns study group tutors have volunteered their time and pair up with tutees.
- Developers: TBD. Sign ups are now open. If you’ve been on the fence about jumping in this is your chance!
- GitHub: this repository will house the script and will eventually be released on norns.
- Kanban Board: The
mvp(Minimum Viable Product) kanban board will be used to track work.
- Text Editor: Bring your own text editor / IDE. If you don’t have one yet, your tutor will help you select one that fits your skill and aesthetic.
- Command Line: Use the command line / terminal to commit your code. Again, your tutor will help you learn git.
- norns / shield:
Our target launch date is December 31st so we can ring in the new year like pirates! Signups are now open.
Raise your hand by September 30th if you’re interested in becoming a pirate. Once our crew is assembled we’ll have a short video kickoff call in the study! Signups for active developers are now closed.