apologies for the fast followup. minor bug crept in the last update that caused somewhat major issues for sound file loading.
but! new features! also bumped version to reflect proper semver (sorry @zebra!)
get it here: https://github.com/monome/norns/releases/tag/v1.1.0
- BREAKING parameter ids. args to
params:add_number()(etc) changed (introduced last version, but reiterating here).
- NEW OSC mapped parameters @artfwo
- ADD updated docs @ppqq
- FIX fileselect unit (affects mlr,etc)
- ADD mlr update (recall feature)
previous version: https://llllllll.co/t/norns-update-181002
mlr — new feature — RECALLS
TOP ROW, four keys to the right of PATTERNS. four “macro” keys, which have events assigned to them.
- clip start/stop/cut
- set loop
- change speed/reverse
- push RECALL key to start “recording”
- do “events” you want recorded (ie, stop playback on ch 1,2,3)
- push RECALL again to stop recording.
- now when you push this RECALL key, all of the events you recorded into it will be executed immediately.
- hold ALT and then push RECALL key to clear its events and prep for re-record
- stop groups of clips at once
- specific cut positions for multiple tracks
- reconfigure speeds in set arrangements
- expand to save various parameter data (volumes, etc)
- “hold” mode where RECALL is only active while held (and values are returned on key-up)
OSC param mapping!
you can now send OSC to norns parameters without extra scripting.
for example, in
will set the
cutoff param. all params are mapped under the
you can also set the global
mix levels (SYSTEM > AUDIO) via:
(this will turn the output to 0db)
you can of course still make your own OSC functions that respond to various patterns. it’s just that these params now work automatically. thanks @artfwo!!