@ngwese has been hard at work on what is essentially a norns project manager.
now you can install, update, and remove norns scripts directly from maiden (ie, without using SFTP/etc).
available scripts are managed in catalogs and you can add to the norns community catalog directly on github. (more on this later).
huge, huge thank you to @ngwese. and for maiden on a whole! he’s been leading development since the beginning on this. it’s a joy to use— and now i’m finally going to try out a bunch of scripts i haven’t had time for, given how easy it is.
(with maiden’s project manager)
- click the STACK OF BOOKS
- top tab shows installed and available pages
- on the available tab click the REFRESH icon to update your catalogs (this fetches newest list)
- install things. have fun. forget all about SFTP (no don’t actually… you still need it to grab your audio files/etc… or someday you might find yourself in a 90’s movie saving the world from nuclear war and use your hacking skills to transfer just the right file at just the last minute…)
this is to say— we are in the midst of a massive docs overhaul both for norns but more broadly across the site. we’ll be getting maiden documentation updated in the coming week.
as usual, install by connecting your norns to wifi and using
SYSTEM > UPDATE
- NEW install, update, and remove projects based on a catalog of known scripts from with maiden (web) or maiden cli (ssh) @ngwese
- NEW directly open existing files within the editor via URLs @ryanlaws
- NEW refined, flatter file browser look @ngwese
- NEW allow editing of json files @ngwese
- FIX protect code, data, and audio folders from accidental deletion
- FIX populate file rename dialog with current file name by default @synthetiv
- FIX fix blank screen, scrollTo errors with using MS Edge @synthetiv
- FIX ensure CTRL+P (CMD+P) plays the current script @ryanlaws
- FIX maintain REPL size with resizing the browser window @synthetiv
- FIX more distinct highlighting on REPL tabs @synthetiv