• NEW osc key/enc: add single arg version ie /remote/enc/n d @catfact
  • NEW crow update 2.1.2 @trent
  • NEW hide crow subfolder inside scripts @tehn
  • ADD param: taper get_range @justmat
  • ADD menu: _menu.params_rebuild() for dynamic menus @schollz
  • FIX softcut init values @catfact
  • FIX font list in docs @hiqualityh2o
  • FIX sane param defaults @tehn

this a pretty minor update, but we needed to get it posted so people can try out some beta releases in the future. but the crow features will be fun. ok!

44 Likes

already my favorite, thank you @infinitedigits !! :revolving_hearts:

5 Likes

oh my goooood. this was the biggest headache for me when writing Pedalboard. it’s still the reason why you can have at most one of each pedal at a time! i’ve already put in the work to get around it (other than the no-duplicate-pedals thing), so i don’t know if i’ll do a rewrite that takes advantage of this, but… super stoked to have this in for the future. awesome work!!

7 Likes

thanks @tehn, @dan_derks , @21echoes ! glad i got to sneak in a pr before the release :slight_smile:

a little context about the “dynamic menus” change - i essentially wanted some parameters to appear/dissapear when you change other parameters, while in the parameter menu. previously this didn’t happen in the same screen (only if you left menu and came back to menu), but now it can. you still have to control the visibility of parameters and when the menu does a refresh.

this type of thing might be useful for doing “scenes” of parameters (which is what I plan to do) as well as subparameters that become visible when something is “on” of “off”.

here is some little example script that demos it:

-- test rebuild_params

function init()
    params:add_option("switch","switch",{"a","b"},1)
    params:set_action("switch",function(val)
      params:show("param"..val)
      params:hide("param"..(3-val))
      _menu.rebuild_params() -- refresh menu (if in menu)
    end)
    params:add_control("param1","a",controlspec.new(0,1,"lin",0.1,0.1))
    params:add_control("param2","b",controlspec.new(0,1,"lin",0.1,0.5))
    params:hide("param2")

params:add_group("grouped",3)
    params:add_option("switch2","switch2",{"c","d"},1)
    params:set_action("switch2",function(val)
      params:show("gparam"..val)
      params:hide("gparam"..(3-val))
      _menu.rebuild_params()
    end)
    params:add_control("gparam1","c",controlspec.new(0,1,"lin",0.1,0.3))
    params:add_control("gparam2","d",controlspec.new(0,1,"lin",0.1,0.9))
    params:hide("gparam2")
end
11 Likes

:eyes: :question: :exclamation:

3 Likes

Should I see disting in the supported modules list after a crow.ii.help()? (I don’t). Also crow.ii.disting.help() gives me an error.

I think that softcut is still init @ ∞

can you elaborate? are you talking about input volumes?

Parameters> Edit> Softcut> all the inputs were set to ∞ which meant MLR wasn’t recording -
as reported here - Mlr (norns) - #579 by Alessio?
I saw this in the previous version and after the latest update

2 Likes

20 characters of, i can confirm this :slight_smile:

@pandigital @Justmat i am pretty sure this problem is fixed? i wasn’t able to replicate. can you provide steps?

if you set the softcut input values they should be saved in successive loads.

I’ve done the update, and my Softcut levels are where I corrected them to after reading about the MLR problem mentioned by @pandigital, prior to updating. Lucky, I guess…

@tehn, super odd. i ran the update, and my softcut levels reset to -inf. unfortunately that was the only step.

i just re-ran the update and they are correctly saved/loaded. :man_shrugging:

Rebooted a few times and my softcut levels were safely at 0 dB every time. No joy talking to disting over crow though.

This was the case with mine as well: softcut levels unchanged from my previously corrected levels.

sorry to hear about the trouble! just glancing at the norns source, seems like support should be rolled in. this is a corner of the ecosystem i don’t have direct experience with tho.

here are the helpers: 1 and 2.

and disting support is present in the crow source.

what happens when you execute crow.send("ii.disting.help()") ?
cc: @Galapagoose

I get

< ok > (minus the spaces)
EDIT just checked and I can see the updated helpers are in place.

@robotfunk
re: disting support. This was my fault - i had made a 2.1.2 crow release but it was still set to draft. You’ll need to update your crow firmware with the new zip: Release Version 2.1.2 · monome/crow · GitHub

5 Likes

NM I think I get it and will update crow first.

just FYI that <ok> in the REPL just means that whatever you just entered was successfully evaluated as a chunk of lua code (or completion thereof).

3 Likes