use SYSTEM > UPDATE while your norns is connected to the internet
- NEW clock: overhauled clock system, uses jack time and improved sync @artfwo
- NEW softcut: query position feature @zebra @tehn
- NEW latest grid support (CDC) @zebra
- FIX non-crow CDC devices not sent crow queries @tehn
- FIX menu update bug due to jack change @tehn
- FIX menu redraw bug @infinitedigits
the big news: @artfwo deeply refined the clock system, which now uses jack to keep accurate time. various sync and link functions are improved. thank you to everyone on the norns discord who volunteered to test and provide feedback!
there are no breaking changes to the scripting API.
softcut.query_position(voice)— triggers a callback reporting the current position of the voice
softcut.event_position(function)— sets the callback
use this to get an asynchronous position, in cases where using the position poll doesn’t make sense (ie, if you find yourself using the poll at extremely high rates)
latest grid uses a cdc driver, so the device management has been revisited and updated
disk images now available for both norns and norns-shield