SYSTEM > UPDATE
- NEW hooks and mods system @ngwese @catfact
- NEW custom events, c bindings @ngwese
- NEW sequins library @tyleretters @trentgill
- NEW softcut non-real-time functions @ryleelyman
- NEW keyboard layouts @p3r7
- NEW hold K1 in SELECT to fast-scroll @dndrks
- FIX util.wrap and util.wrap_max bounds @dndrks
- FIX tab.count @discohead
- FIX crash when detecting crow @nihilazo
- FIX numerous docker-related fixes @winder
- FIX cleanup behavior with clean/load script @ngwese
- FIX support PSETs above 99 @p3r7
- NEW sky: add polyperc/polysub param def @ngwese
- NEW textentry: add keyboard support @p3r7
- NEW keyboard layouts menu selection @p3r7
- FIX softcut phase inversion @catfact
- NEW preview audio files on device in browser @stvnrlly
- FIX explicit (instead of implicit) untitled script creation on initial landing view
- NEW loading animation when loading scripts/audio into editor
- NEW add version metadata to maiden cli @winder
- NEW allow release builds for any architecture @winder
@ngwese has done some exceptional work to facilitate modifications to the core workings of the norns environment.
if you have a feature that you’d like to modify the basic function of norns, for all scripts, but it’s a feature that shouldn’t necessarily be always available as a foundational norns feature: this is the path.
this is a way for us (the core developers) to keep the main norns codebase efficient, small, and understandable while allowing for substantial customization.
full documentation is forthcoming (i’m working on it) but greg’s example mod demo lays out the basics.
furthermore, greg extended the matron event system (this is on the C level) for custom event types— which is a big deal for opening up norns to even more substantial customization. this is very low-level stuff, but if that’s your thing check out the event demo for a sense of what’s possible.
you can now hear audio files through the maiden interface!
- softcut got
sequins(just like crow) is now on norns
- way more keyboard support
- fixes and more