Old Mlr Max msp tutorial

I remember that there was once a tutorial for max that would teach you how to make a simple mlr- style sample cutter somewhere on the monome site.
It’s referenced a few times in the archive of the old forum but I can’t find the tutorial anywhere.
Does anyone have it lying around somewhere or know if it’s still around?

2 Likes

https://monome.org/docs/grid-studies/max/

It’s a good starting point

1 Like

it’s on archive.org: dev:max:mlr-tutorial. that tutorial was written 9 years ago, so max/msp best practices and the method for connecting to the grid (serialosc etc, per the current grid studies) have changed.

2 Likes

Thanks for both the links.
Yes, I know that I shouldn’t implement in the same way as the old tutorial, but I was interested in how the concept was implemented back then, but I see that the new grid studies does it in a lot better way. I just had this idea that the old tutorial had a hidden gem… But thanks for the quick help to both of you. I’m trying to translate the concept of having a sequencer that i can jump around in like that, in kyma, but it has turned a little bit more quirky than I expected in kyma. But both of these are good help.

1 Like

thank you so much for pasting the old study link as i was just looking for it!
can anyone detail or generalize on the parts to ignore d/t updated serialosc connections vs the old connection methods or old max practices?

and are there any other tutorials known dedicated to 64 monobright grids?