Oooooo

yes. to do this you scroll E1 to the “A” menu and then you can stop all (press K2), reset all to 0 (press K2 twice), or play all (press K3).

i’m looking into midi mapping and more specific controls might be able to be added there. open to suggestions :slight_smile:

1 Like

oh, nice :slight_smile: thats realy handy :stuck_out_tongue: this script is soooo fuun… hours and hours… with this tiny peace of love :wink:

do you think it is possible to use the interface/ script for midi notes instead of samples?
if someone have the knowhow to programm it :wink:

3 Likes

that is a really interesting idea! and yeah its definitely possible.

it would just be a matter of mapping “level” to “midi velocity” and mapping “rate” to the midi pitch+duration (there could be no pan). the lfos on each voice could be the same. its a good program to start with if you want to learn :grinning:

3 Likes

playing with this last night, I was thinking it would be fun to have a Grid interface for Oooooo, perhaps with a page for each parameter and a row or column for each tape, thereby allowing for simultaneous changes to multiple (but not all) tapes.

4 Likes

@tehn please add this great app to maiden…

1 Like

it’s in there! you might need to refresh it locally:

5 Likes

thank you, it is not displayed for me(((

At the top of the section that reads “community” there is a small refresh button. Click that and it will update the available library section.

This worked for me - one of those easily overlooked things at first but handy to know.

3 Likes

Had a wonderful time with this script! Its so much fun and so so playable.
I had an idea for sync, how about adding a reset option per tape giving a mix of synced and unsynced loops. This could be assigned via a crow input (my ideal method) or via a division of the global clock which would let you sync to internal or external giving you midi or crow sync.

3 Likes

do you mean a way to group loops? for instance loop 1 and loop 2 are grouped together, and loop 3 is playing, so that pausing/playing loop 1 causes pausing/playing of loop 2 but not loop 3?

atm i don’t have any of crow/grid/arc devices but i do think they could be great controllers for this script and would love to explore it in the future.

2 Likes

unsure if this is worth reporting - I experienced a crash last night. the script didn’t quite freeze, but it wiped out all of my tapes (an earlier save was recoverable). perhaps I overwhelmed the script? I was running three tapes: 1. ~12 seconds; 2. ~10 seconds; and 3. ~6 seconds. The longest was run at a rate of around 30%, the middle at 52%, and the shortest at 73%.

I managed to save state with the two longest. when attempting to save with the addition of the third, I could scroll to “save,” but clicking K1 & K3 had no effect. the tapes continued to run, but after a delay of several seconds, all tapes cleared and the script reset to a fresh session.

again, not sure if this is worth exploring, but if it is and any further info would be helpful, let me know.

1 Like

This is my new favorite patch. Thank you!

1 Like

It seems like I have some sort of bug. Whenever I record something this first second or two totally gets cut off. It literally records nothing so there is a gap of silence before any sound.

1 Like

if it is is ~500 ms and not ~2 seconds, this could be due to the volume pinching. when starting recording the record level ramps up over 500 ms, and then when finishing it ramps down over 500 ms. this is to prevent audible “pops” from a discontinuity in volume when the loop switches over. i experimented a lot and found that these ramps were helpful, but i can add in a parameter to adjust them (or turn them off) and that might solve your problem. otherwise it is a good old-fashioned :bug: that i’ll need to think about.

this is the second time i’ve heard of this :beetle:. i’m trying to figure it out, will keep you updated. lmk is it is happening consistently cause i haven’t figured out a way to replicate it yet.

1 Like

I’ll see if I can replicate tonight since I have two of the three tapes saved and report back steps (if they can be determined). I didn’t know if, perhaps, by lowering the rates of longer tapes, I was running afoul of any time limitations. The only parameters I changed at the time were length, volume, and rate.

1 Like

Had some time to test this today and it’s soooo good @infinitedigits ! Very easy to get good pockets of sound going and the UI is lovely

1 Like

I meant that if you were to implement a reset option, you could choose if a loop would be free running or reset. This could be in the parameters menu or main screen.
If you had the Norns Global Clock in your script you could have a division of that clock reset a loop. Each loop would have the option to select what division the reset would be or if reset was off.
Having the Global clock would also allow anyone with a crow to have the option to sync the loops with sequencers, delays and other modular goodies within their system.

1 Like

sorry, I was unsuccessful as well. I suppose it must have been a combination of keys pressed at the wrong time. that one instance was the only time I’ve encountered this, but I’ll report back if it happens again and I’m able to figure out what I’ve done.

1 Like

hey this is a great looper. didn’t take long to figure everything out thanks to the ui.

I did run into an issue with it getting stuck in shift mode. I had 6 loops going and was jumping back and forth between script and tape (record) when it happened. I realized the issue after clearing two loops instead of pausing. so, holding k1 after that temporarily got me back into normal mode, but I wasn’t able to get out of shift mode. maybe some button combo while on A did it?