OP-1 PO-sync with Ansible?

Hi all - just wondering if anyone has had success syncing Ansible clock with OP-1 via the PO-sync mode? I’m splitting the stereo out from the OP-1 and getting an audible click track from the L channel, but Ansible doesn’t seem to recognise it at the clock input. I’ve tried attenuating the signal and boosting it, but no luck. It does work if I run the click into an MI Ears and take the gate out from there to Ansible… but would be simpler to be able to connect straight to Ansible if possible.

I only became aware of this OP-1 feature from comments on another thread here, so figured others might be using this with success. Any advice appreciated… thanks!

I’ve used it straight with the meadowphysics module. Can’t recal my results with ansible (and I’m away from it for a week). I suggest trying a comparator if you have one handy.

Edit: just saw u used ears for that… hmm.

from the OP-1 Cookbook, you need to be in 1/16th mode by adjusting SHIFT + GREEN after you’ve changed Sync Mode to PO Sync. hope that helps?

Thanks both for your thoughts.

Re. 1/16th mode on OP-1… I tried that as well, but as far as I can figure out it just seems to change the timing of the click track rather than the nature of the click itself (which Ansible doesn’t seem to like).

Will continue playing around over the weekend to see if I can resolve…

I’ve never used an OP1 but with the Volca’s and pocket op’s I have it’s much easier for me to send both ansible and the po’s a clock signal from another module. Often times I’ll use the square lfo from my field kit and a stackable

My guess is that ansible wants a shorter or longer clock pulse than the op-1 provides. I wonder if this can be addressed in firmware…

I had the same issue for a while. From my own experience, the click track coming from the OP-1 is not loud enough for the ansible. I run the click track through a VCA and turn the gain all the way up, the ansible works just fine with the click track when you bring the volume up.

Just read that you already tried that, maybe try clocking a square wave with the signal and then sending that to ansible if you have a module that can do that. Boosting the signal works fine for me though.

Thanks all…

Unfortunately OP-1 won’t take a clock in (at least without an oplab, I think…)

This is my gut feel as well, albeit with nothing to really back it up. Don’t have the means to visualise the signal being sent, but listening to it alongside a pulse from an Intellijel 1u noise tools module (which does sync with Ansible), they don’t sound quite the same…

Good to know. My initial tests running through a VCA last night didn’t seem to work, but will check again.

1 Like

Maybe exponential rather than linear? Or compressing the clock signal? Could be something weird like that. I used a Quattro figaro to boost it and I believe that it goes up to 4x gain and overdrives the signal quite a bit. Not completely sure if that’s correct but the quattro figaro always works for me when I am clocking it.

I’ve been wondering about this for a while. I don’t have a solution and will take on the tips from this thread. My workaround is clocking tempi with OP1 Po sync and clocking ansible from there. It does tie up one of tempi’s channels though and limits the expressive ability of tempi (not that I use it to its potential though). Interested to see if there’s another solution that might work with my setup

Anyone using both together as of late? I’m curious how well they work with each other. Maybe there is a better combination? Mainly trying to get the most use out of OPs functionality across my modular. Already own an Ansible.

I don’t have Ansible (or much eurorack) these days, but I recall it worked pretty well as long as you left it in the normal mode so the sequencers sent data.

2 Likes