orca’s heart multipass
an algorithmic polyrhythmic sequence generator, the multipass version
this is the multipass based version - it can run on any of the monome eurorack modules except crow: white whale / earthsea / meadowphysics / ansible / teletype, and it can sequence er-301 / telexo / just friends by using i2c.
there is also a vcvrack version of orca’s heart, which uses the same engine and gives access to the same set of parameters. when you use the same values you should get same sequence in both, however this version has 2 built in mod matrixes which would be difficult to reproduce in vcvrack - i’m planning to add them as an expander vcvrack module at some point. this version also takes advantage of using the grid interface which makes it much more playable than the vcvrack module.
orca’s heart is based on orca the alternative firmware for white whale (not to be confused with the excellent orca the livecoding tool), hence the name. but while the main algorithm uses the same principles, the app itself is very different - instead of having control over individual algorithm parameters it exposes just a few parameters that control multiple aspects, with the goal to make it more playable and immediate.
everything on this release was sequenced by orca’s heart
monome grid and any of the monome eurorack modules:
white whale | earthsea | meadowphysics | ansible | teletype
optional: er-301 | telexo | just friends
- number of presets increased to 16
- ability to mute individual voices
- brightness levels adjusted
- mod matrix: scale destinations will react to positive changes only
- stay on presets page after loading a preset
- preset 1 was always loaded on startup - fixed
- individual volume control / morphing / randomization
- ability to delay each voice from 1/8 to 8x clock
- fix speed not loading from presets on ansible
- preset page will open on button press, not release
- selected scale wasn’t saved with preset, fixed
- speed knob sensitivity decreased
- ability to stop the clock
- preset button not working on teletype - fixed
- longer delay span didn’t shift by full clock intervals - fixed
- swing added
- number of scales increased to 4
- 4 snapshots for each mod matrix
- fix bug with grid being inactive after bootup
- JF should be reset to regular mode when choosing another i2c device
- can now transpose by octave up or down
- minimal gate length is smaller
make some mods!