Otis

Welp, placed an order for Cocoquantus 2, so will have both :slight_smile:

4 Likes

the plan is to finish the documentation tomorrow, and then release the update. :cowboy_hat_face:

otis v2.1

notables:

• speed scales - easily expandable! add your own! (PRs welcome :slight_smile: )
  • grid playing of said speed scales
  • audio routing options (thanks to @jaseknighter and his wonderful splnkr script :smiley: )

hype videos/stuff and things

speed scale stuff

audio routing stuff

36 Likes

oh wow, super duper extra amazing videos! i can’t wait to dig into the new features! :hearts:

5 Likes

Excellent @Justmat ! I always come back to Otis. This is just in time for my planned weekend session

5 Likes

v2.1 docs are up at norns.community!

and the code is on github. update away :smiley:

28 Likes

FIRST hahah. THANK YOU for making my fav script ever even better.

1 Like

oh yeah, nice one :balloon::balloon::balloon:thanks mat!

1 Like

Ohh speed is not controllable over MIDI notes yet :frowning: But man what an upgrade! Just in time for me to finish the last two tracks for my first solo ambient album!

2 Likes

i’ll look into speed via midi :cowboy_hat_face:

with the audio routing stuff sorted, it’s much easier to get into that coco-crunch territory!

8 Likes

Yeah, I just compared to some coco recordings I made not too long ago…crazy :slight_smile: Also, is it just me or have you adjusted how the LFO’s behave? They seem less erratic and more natural and…useful?

1 Like

i did a little refactoring, but nothing big :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lovely! Thanks much, the routing options and scales are so neat!

1 Like

Oh rad, is the loop window “slide” new? Or have I just not been paying attention?

2 Likes

it’s been there for a little while, but the docs were woefully behind :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

@Justmat

Thank you for these additions and @jaseknighter for the workaround the engine.
It’s a beautiful update that is as dreamy as this first idea I threw together.

10 Likes

Thank you so much for the update! The artifacts I experienced on otis 2.0 on a factory norns are no longer present. So otis is back as one of my main apps!

1 Like

I would still love to see envelope followers on the L&R audio channels being able to be used as modulators in the same way LFOs are!

I’m excited to give this new version a shot I haven’t played with norns in a while

5 Likes

speed scale buttons no juice for me :thinking: :slight_smile:

In the past, I was able to map the REC L and REC R to buttons on my KORG nanoKOTROL, but it doesn’t seem to be working anymore. Same for the Flip L and Flip R controls. Has anything changed, or how can I map these again?

@swhic - did you select a speed scale in the parameters menu? the buttons don’t do anything (yet) in the “free” scale.

@St0rMl0rD i didn’t change any of the parameter mapping stuff, at least not on purpose :smiley: the flip/skip/recL/R stuff aren’t mappable parameters. instead, the midi mapping is hard coded in:

so midi notes:
1 and 2 clear the L and R buffers
36 and 37 toggle L and R record state
48 and 49 are L and R flip
50 and 51 are L and R skip

midi cc #112 sets the feedback for both L and R loops

4 Likes