Pacific Northwest / northern Rockies tour suggestions

Hello,

Likely going to try to play a handful of shows in the Pacific Northwest/northern Rockies likely with @jwm / Josh Mason next summer and curious if anyone has suggestions for cities to play, venues, people to reach out to, etc.

My wife and I will be in Glacier NP/Flathead Lake/Missoula for about a week before heading west. I’d love to find some spots off the beaten path before hitting the Vancouver/Seattle/Portland circuit. Anything happening in Spokane? Idaho? Missoula? Tri-cities area of Kennewick/Pasco/Richland? Other little spots? We are increasingly committed to playing smaller towns. There’s something special about the spots that are often ignored and we had a great time last summer doing a bit of that in the Northeast.

We have some ideas already, but figured there was no harm asking.

While driving over the pass on your way to Seattle, visiting (or performing in) the town of Roslyn Washington may be the type of experience you’re interested in. The Brick Saloon has a lots of live music!

2 Likes

Im currently in Missoula! I could probably hook ya up with a show here. Got links to your stuff?

2 Likes

I also have a few connections in Idaho and eastern Washington that I could send to ya!

1 Like

Cool, yeah! I’d love to hear the suggestions sometime and maybe try to do a show in Missoula before I head west. I’ll get in touch eventually.

My sounds: http://shedding.org/
Josh’s sounds: http://joshmason.info/

Thanks for the ideas so far peoples. :slight_smile:

C

1 Like

not much to add here, except we are excite bike to come play music :slight_smile:

Word! My homie @nojay lives in town too and owns an event/idea space, he would be a great person to get ahold of as well!

1 Like

I have a friend living in Astoria, Oregon. It’s a beautiful place… it’s been a while since we’ve spoke, but I recall that they managed one of the restaurants downtown, where local acts typically played, but they also booked bigger acts, like Will Oldham, and Michael Hurley. It’s not a very big town. I can get better details if you’d like, let me know!

We welcome and appreciate any and all suggestions :slight_smile:

I like what I see and hear! I run a small experimental venue in Missoula named Wave & Circuit. It is more or less a large intimate living room environment where we host various events. We have a nice PA and focus on intentional listening, experimental music, and experiential learning (among many other things). Capacity is about 30-40. We have chairs. We have a nice projector too.
Feel free to reach out direct via DM and I can send you details. Our website is out of date, alas, but will be up to date soon. Anyone on lines making noises and coming through Missoula should drop me a line :slight_smile: let’s make great weird events happen

@dr.earlfunkton has extensive experience in the space, and he can give you an independent overview if you want.

2 Likes