Phonocut

Pretty sure that I was not the only one who thought this was missing : https://phonocut.com

1 Like

Hmmmmmn. They’ve got a Kickstarter going, but they’re proposing a Dec 2020 launch with… a single prototype and some “vision renderings”. That feels tight.

Interesting, for sure, but I wonder if it can live up to the expectations of the consumers who would like one for €2000. It reminds me of Glowforge, an interesting product (especially once you put proper extraction on it), but not quite the “one-click” laser cutter that consumers might have hoped for.

Or, to put it another way: certain kinds of device don’t always shrink well.

2 Likes

I happened across Phonocut yesterday. Ten inch disks, nine minutes per side. Purchase the proprietary disks at a reasonable cost + shipping, or you void the warranty. Factor into account cartridge replacement… that’s a lot on shipping for cartridges. A profit could be made. I never thought it would be possible for me to send a master to a lathe and produce vinyl in my own home. The quality meets my expectations. I’m jazzed about the prospect. But I don’t think I’ll be able to afford it by the end of the month. Pre-order pricing ends this month.

1 Like