//// pictures of our sound-making machines and spaces ////

So far happy with this minimal setup : random LFO, resonator module, and texture synthesizer + DIY wooden case

26 Likes

It happened

29 Likes

That’s a cool machine you have there. I saw some guys use something very similar looking down in mexico.
Let’s hear it!

w.i.p. : experiment to generate cv signals of volca modular (as sample&hold module) to trigger rings sound with diy drone synth (re-purposed to active it when connect if touch on conductive materials : metal, fruit, plant, etc), then process to eurorack modular granular processor / clouds.

8 Likes

working on a new piece of hardware :wink:
A small handful of folks know the inner workings, but I just had to share since getting to this prototype
moment feels like a milestone!

gulls & sand

38 Likes

kit built wild noise thing. thanks @Cementimental

11 Likes

Jamuary’s starting point. An attempt to break out of comfortable habits and limit the impulse to just keep adding more hardware.

I’m calling it YAGNI (“You Aren’t Gonna Need It”).

9 Likes

Dual Wasp crossover filter. DIY on strip board. Runs from a 15v Eurorack DC adapter, regulated to 12v single supply in the board.

30 Likes

My shoddy DIY briefcase of fun

19 Likes

helmholtz resonators

33 Likes

I’ve always wanted to work with these, do you have some documentation with them? Mind if I ask your source?

can’t remember where i got them…properly some physics demonstration tool shop. Completely forgot I had them and played with it yesterday.

1 Like

theremini needs a stand

8 Likes

I love how you have the Elektron boxes set up. I can’t figure out how you are able to have cords sticking out the back, they seem so flush. All right angle? Anyways looks lovely, and makes me want to make music.

3 Likes

Live looping setup with volca modular as only sound source, hardware looper, and effects pedal

Video-audio version

17 Likes

yea they are all flush! that octa had been severely partied on when i got it (non working , to fix up and sell) but i figured why not and just routed out the front bottom of the enclosure where i could instead, which facillates the space for cable plumbing. So far so good, i’m delighted to have one of my ideas seemingly work out

5 Likes

Recording a few minutes of hands-off Mikrophonie feedback and noise grumbling for a collab :slight_smile:

10 Likes

not neccesary “music instrument”, but it is my main tool for creation. so in a sense it is intrument :slight_smile:

17 Likes

got this opera rotas in the mail, today, and fiddled with it for a couple hours while watching rome burn. it’s as fun an instrument as it is frustrating—a lot of each.

12 Likes

11 Likes