//// pictures of our sound-making machines and spaces ////

Don’t! There is nothing wrong with music being a hobby! There is plenty wrong with pushing everyone to aspire to be “a producer”, or that one should even draw some hard line between “hobbiest” and “serious” musical practice.

39 Likes

My Wife bought me a patchbay for christmas its been sat there unused from the fear of not knowing :sweat_smile:, tonight is the first time i’m going to attempt to install it, so much planning, head scratching and kinda unsure what i actually want from it… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

17 Likes

Fun minimal setup, block controlling granular size/position/density. PO on drums.

23 Likes

Finished some machined case tops. White dibond is pretty but so is wood.

50 Likes

That wooden one-four-sixteen thingy is mesmerizingly beautiful. What is it if I may ask?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Thought I’d lost this 7” but the twins found it in the shed.

11 Likes

Sunday, catching up with some old friends.

15 Likes

This is rather cool, for some CASSA goodness :wink:

1 Like

Thank you, thats a slim piece of beech with a knot in just the right place. Oiled and sealed It has a slight feathery shimmer in real life, the silver aluminium knobs are a nice contrast.

1 Like

Not sure if this belongs here but I just finished putting together a stripboard double sloth. Just need another bi-colour led. That’s supposed to be a sloth on the bottom of the panel but it lost most of the detail with I shrank it to fit.

44 Likes

Pretty close to a stable state with this one

31 Likes

38 Likes

Compact live rig.

30 Likes

Great setup Maarten! Very curious to hear how you as a cello player translate that skill and ‘fretless’ feel to the Haaken. Any place I can view/hear this performance?

2 Likes

Hi! The concert/video was a livestream curated by Colin benders which is unfortunately not online anymore, but I have some snippets on my Instagram with the haken which you can find here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CJlNvKChAv-/?igshid=uxn2ovma3c98

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing. That sounds very very nice and emotive. The detailed response is just amazing. Is the sound coming from the onboard EaganMatrix?

Yes it’s the matrix indeed.

2 Likes

Looking forward to hear your opinions!

I don’t have a strong opinion yet since I just finished building it but first impressions are good! it reminds me a lot of the bastl soft pop, in the way the normal-ed connections work and how it’s a bit more noise/drone focused than melodic. It was an intermediate build in reflection. I’ve tried to include my building insights in the recursive machine thread.

2 Likes