//// pictures of our sound-making machines and spaces ////

30 Likes

very happy to have adopted this beaut
thank you @Claire !

26 Likes

there are no words…

9 Likes

Please tell me that rack actually exists! Even on MG it looks immensely aesthetically satisfying.

2 Likes

Well, but now you also have to tell us what this knob controller is exactly. “Just” a DIY Arduino USB MIDI controller, or something else?

1 Like

Looks like a Four-N to me.

3 Likes

Yep! a pretty straightforward controller, just very nicely done and plenty of pots for all those parameters. Gave it a good workout with Blippoo last night :slight_smile:

3 Likes

OMSynth with 3/4 step sequencer and LPG

25 Likes

Is it just me or is this like the advanced version of a Korg LittleBits kit?

1 Like

Sort of. It’s less about learning synthesis and more about learning electronics (with a strong focus on CMOS chips). The three video tutorials are great but they don’t explain the basics. I can recommend Make: Electronics if you never worked with electronics before. Hand Made Electronic Music contains more ideas that you can build on the OMSynth mini lab (you might need more components, but there is large overlap). It also explains some parts in more detail (like filtering).

Both books and the OMSynth are hands-on. No “use this formula to calculate the R and C for F”, but instead “try .1µ up to 10µ”.

8 Likes

Simplicity is its beauty.

1 Like

Today’s setup.

25 Likes

Machines I’m using right now! Hidden below is a Great British Spring stereo reverb.

26 Likes

Oh wow, I am jealous of the sounds you’re hearing and capturing!

my everywhere gear. I love light traveling.

34 Likes

what is this mixer 20 char?

It’s really amazing. This most recent trip / recording session was so different than the early season when the lake was just freezing up. It had a much lower, deeper sound. My theory is this is a result of the thickness of the ice (It’s still 16-20" thick when I took the above image). I’ll have more recordings available for listening soon!

Soundcraft 200B 16/4/2 with 8 aux returns

4 Likes

AN ACTUAL WASP!
very cool…

1 Like

23 Likes