//// pictures of our sound-making machines and spaces ////

Mine OT came with the printed manual, and indeed it’s really necessary for me to begin to understand what the OT can do.

2 Likes

I find for complex machines like the OT PDF is much better as I can just search for keywords when I’m stuck.

2 Likes

New stuff on SM-LL from Typeface, en creux and Reloc.

1 Like

I can finaly join the conversation

27 Likes

24 Likes

Hah I like the comparison between the plant and the modular, both living growing things with color and bringers of joy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah - Bugbrand modular. Lovely.

I aways regretted and applauded in equal measure Tom’s decision to stop making them.

Regretted because they so deserved a wider audience - it’s a great system.

Applauded because it would have been fairly easy for Tom to use different mass manufacturing methods and knock modules out by the 100, making a pretty big chunk of cash in the process. But, I know that’s not what motivates him and he chose a different path.

1 Like

yeah, i see certain similarities to monome in that. it’s a labour of love, and is treated as such. and it’s also reflected in second hand prices, i don’t think i’ve ever seen anybody try and take advantage of bug being nearly impossible to find, which feels like keeping the spirit of tom’s approach.

he is making modular again though, but now in pre-assembled frames: http://www.bugbrand.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24&products_id=124&zenid=4871f0055480b865a1352e48ddd63b4c

it’s hard to get still though as tom makes them in small batches that sell out quick. i missed the first two, hopefully the next one!

unrelated question, and please feel free to ignore it - were you sandyb on another forum (in another time)?

1 Like

Setup for performance as Nadir

2 Likes

Just recently I started exploring my system from a more creative mindset and less analytically/critically and I have been really enjoying myself.

4 Likes

In my new installation, words and phrases made out of cut, bent and soldered steel bands, are inserted in the live circuits and patches.
carriers of meaning.
carriers of signals.

21 Likes

That’s really beautiful/elegant.

I tend to not be a fan of “text” art in general, but you manage to incorporate it in impactful ways.

3 Likes

that’s very good (and it makes a strong image). i like that very much. so well put.
how does it sound btw ?

ayer

4 Likes

15 Likes

Minimal.

(least 20 characters)

art/poetry live show kit pre-assembly…

3 Likes

complete tour photo set posted in this thread:

11 Likes

Nothing says Saturday night like dusting off the ol’ Finale chops.

10 Likes

bugflips

8 Likes