//// pictures of our sound-making machines ////

Is that VCA Matrix hanging off the end of the case? Took the side panel off to squeeze a few more HP out of it? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

no SD card in the aleph!?!?

1 Like

did you get intellijel modules into the synthrotek case? my understanding is that they are not compatable?

if you look closely, the top screws are not in :grimacing:

3 Likes

oh yeah, i do see that!

Yeah, the distance between the holes on intellijel 1U tiles are a different height/distance than the rails in the synthrotek case, so it means you can only get one row of screws to hold the module in place. It’s perfectly solid, everything stays in place, no flex when punching in/out jacks. I was taught long ago by a friend that 2 screws is plenty, in his recording studio every single unit in his 19" racks are held in with just two screws.

There’s a slight gap between the 1U tiles and the 3U modules, though I suppose I could shift them up to use the other rail. And the sliding nuts in the unused rail are loose and slide around, but whatever, everything works. Ha

Edited to add a pic:

Though I suppose it’ll bother those afflicted with eurorack OCD. I’m not one of those…yet.

Oh yeah, there was one other thing. The intelligel tiles only came with 10pin cables, but the power strip in the case uses 16pin cables, so I had to buy a 10pin to 16pin cable. Not having any power issues, everything is working.

1 Like

thanks for the detailed info! i think i will buy their 1u reverb module now.

1 Like

everything is connected via Oplab, it works in several modes, I use mode 2: all USB are cross connected and send/receive any signal to/from MIDI/CV ports, but a direct connection MIDI<->CV in not available, I have to pass through a DAW or, in case I use the Oplab stand alone, through an USB MIDI interface and a MIDI THRU port.
Channel 1 is reserved to CV in/out, other channels are free. I connected a Modular G2 to the MIDI IN/OUT ports (channels 2-5), the monomachine to host USB 2 via a midi interface (channels 6-11), the OP-1 to host USB 1 (channel 12).

ehmmm…

…yes :grimacing: :grinning:

I use Ikea Algot system, it gives me a little bit room in the back of the case, perfetc for the jacks an sd card :wink:

6 Likes

A beautiful system. I especially like this part:

:smiley:

1 Like

nice pic,
which mutable module is the one in the left corner

Excellent colour coordination! How do you find the monomachine sound measures up to braids? I’ve heard people say they like the mnm sound better, but I imagine braids covers more ground.

Interesting comparison and honestly one that doesn’t fully make sense to me. Care to explain why such radically different tools would be compared or do you just mean specifically comparing the sound each makes in the wavetable synthesis approach?

The Monomachine has always tempted me, but when I opened for Sam Prekop that temptation went to another level as he seemed to use it so tastefully.

Just the fact that they both offer a variety of digital synthesis methods, I guess. The sound quality of their overlapping modes. I’ve always been a mnm fan as well… one day!

clicky

29 Likes

Click!

10 Likes

modular on the couch

4 Likes

click click!

23 Likes

Ok what? More info please :slight_smile:

1 Like

'nuff said.

24 Likes