//// pictures of our sound-making machines ////

ha! i think i’ll change it a bit still, i miss having a dedicated filter and delay/reverb, and koma field kit doesn’t work as the final mixer as much as i hoped, will likely move it back to its own case.

1 Like

I think this will be a good pairing.

22 Likes

yesmate (in 20 characters)

That’s a weird yellow laptop you got there

5 Likes

Perfect form factor for next-gen Teletype? :wink:

Actually before we have any little party, we put a fresh sheet of paper in that yellow typewriter & let people tap away as they like. Lack of delete key encourages planning.

1 Like

11 Likes

[navigator] https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/126854

31 Likes

Taking the synth outside for the last days of summer!

22 Likes

beautiful shots…

Hello all,
New user around :slight_smile: i’ve been reading those pages for a long time now.
I’ve just ordered a teletype and hope to have lot’s of fun with him.
See you soon :slight_smile:

Here’s a pictures of the setup of my current liveset. will add the teletype and a third mangrove soon :slight_smile:

it’s sound like this

See you around.
hdd

9 Likes

this is fantastic work! what sequencer/s were you using?

it’s the octatrack, i compose (sketch) the sequence with the op-1, then i rewrite them manually into the octa, sometimes for some more offbeats sequences i record them from the op-1 into the octa via midi. I have the rené and love it, but i love polyphony ever more !

1 Like

Actual beatmaking setup
Little but powerful :sunglasses:

22 Likes

So this happenEd today

18 Likes

Images from a current project that explores microbial fuel technology. Basically, I am using modular synths to sonify voltages generated by bacteria that live in benthic mud in lakes, rivers, compost, etc. Basically, bacterial batteries. So in these installations the voltages are basically used as CV sources to modulate the synths in my rack. The top photo is from a recent exhibition in Manizales, Colombia in June. The bottom photo is from an installation that is currently running in Washington.

32 Likes

good to see the OG 404! (and nice replacement knobs)

In truth it’s not an OG but an SX with a light grey custom skin,
in order to match the color of the OP1.
:yum:

6 Likes

Looks cool! Where abouts in Washington?

Pullman. Washington St. Univ.

1 Like

Tonight’s setup. Getting some pretty quirky sounds out of these machines lately. Still looking for some bits n pieces for the fx-chain(s) as well as a reel-to-reel for loops. Otherwise i’m satisfied. For now. :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes